16: 1103

Monica

Fast forward to Thursday and also Brennan's 14th birthday! I actually planned on not going to school today along with Lily. We wanted to pretend that we were sick to tell Brennan and our teachers, but with our parents being our parents, they didn't allow. We went to dinner together a few nights ago to plan the whole thing out.

~~~

"Come on mom! Dad! Please! This is for Brennan!" I begged. "He's our best friend! And she's his girlfriend!" Colin added. "Please! This is a huge deal to all of us!" Lily included. Colin, Lily and I messaged each other to get our parents to take us all to dinner out at Chick-Fil-A to discuss this very important matter. Miranda was over at Bijou's place while we were out. Our parents looked at each other as if they were talking through telepathy. "No." They said together. "Why not?!" Lily, Colin and I retaliated. "It's a school day kids!" Mom and dad said. "But–" We tried. "We can plan for his party to be on Friday or Saturday." My parents said. "No!" We responded.

"You three can't just leave Brennan in school! It'll make him suspicious." Lily's mom added. "No it won't!" We argued. We all sighed and groaned. I was the most disappointed one here. I have planned on surprising Brennan for months, suddenly I was cramming and unfortunately our plan was denied. "Is there anything else we can do?" Colin asked through a sigh. I crossed my arms and slumped back on my seat. Our parents looked at each other.

"Well?" Lily and I asked to know what they were thinking. "Why not you scratch your plan to skip school," Colin's dad started. "But we still surprise him on Thursday." His mom continued. "Leave the planning and reservations to us. Now let us know what you want to do." Mom said. "Sounds like a good idea." Colin smiled as we agreed with him."We planned to reserve the pool and invite all our friends and his teammates." I said. "We get out at 3:30 as usual." Lily informed. "Yup! So we planned it for 4 until 7." I smiled. "Nothing too grand though. Just swimming, food, a few games, a nice banner, a small dedication video." Lily mentioned.

Our parents laughed which left us confused. "We thought we'd be spending millions! If that's the case then leave it to us! We've got you covered!" Dad laughed and winked at me. "Alright! We got a party then!" I cheered while clapping my hands. "And to think you kids dragged us all here just to tell us that you're planning a simple party?" Lily's mom laughed and the other parents agreed. Lily sighed and jokingly rolled my eyes at mom.

"Expound on your plan. What will we do and what will you do?" Mom asked. Colin, Lily and I looked at each other with bright eyes, excited to share our plan. "So you guys do the reservation and food prep. Simple as that." Colin started. "Lily and I will design the invitations and plan the people to invite. Then one of our friends will design the banner. And then Simon will film the dedication video clips. I'll edit the clips together though. Lastly, Nora and Kaye are in charge of the music." I smiled. Kaye and Nora are our classmates in Spanish. Nora has the best taste in music especially for parties, so does Kaye. "Alright then! It's settled! We got Brennan's birthday underway!" Dad smiled.

~~~

Brennan went to a race car track with Simon, Owen, Will and Griffin. Luckily they've planned that for a long time. It give us more time to prepare but less time to party. But nevertheless it was all going to be picture perfect! Our friends Judy and Rose were finishing up the banner as Colin just finished uploading the videos from Simon on my laptop. Nora and Kaye were setting up the playlist for the party and making sure that the sound system was okay. Our parents had fixed the food and reserved the place right on time. I was running around making sure that everything was in place, checking on how everyone was doing, and contacting Miss Jill and Mr. Mike to make sure Brennan was kept busy. The morning was pretty busy and full of surprises. It surely made the day even more exciting.