8: Monday's Mistake

Brennan

It's officially Monday morning. Ryan and I are surprising Monica and Miranda before classes start. We were in the car and I sat in front with dad driving and Ryan at the back.

Good morning sunshine! I hope you're ready for another day at school!

Monica: Ugh. School. Why do we have to go there on a daily basis?

What's happening to the little sunshine? She wake up on the bad side of the bed? HAHA

Monica: Cooper peed on my favorite pillow, I spilled my chocolate drink over my first outfit, Miranda couldn't find her Math homework which turns out she forgot to do

Monica: so yeah it's been a great ass day so far!!!

Aww Nic :( I'm so sorry. Please cheer up!

Monica: Only because you said so :(

Monica: I'll see you in a while

Yay! That's the Monica I know!

Monica: Hey, do you mind picking up Miranda for me too today? You're picking up Ryan right?

Monica: I might get out a little late cause I got a meeting with the 8th grade dance committee

Alright, anything for you!

Monica: Yay! Thanks B!

No problem! I'll see you in a while! I'm nearing school

Monica: See ya

We got to my school first. "Good luck!" Ryan and I greeted each other. Fingers crossed for a good day today. I was actually going to do this, huh...damn it! I'm gonna make such a big fool of myself!

Ryan

I took my first step into our building and took a deep breath. I had the teddy bear in my hands as I walked to my classroom. I was immediately greeted by my good friend, Charlie. "Hey Ryan!" Charlie greeted. "Hey Charlie!"' I nervously smiled. "You seem nervous and I see a teddy bear. What's up?" He asked. "I'm surprising Miranda today during recess!" I smiled. "Woah! Miranda Campbell? The sister of Monica Campbell? The Miranda of the Campbell sisters? The Miranda Campbell who's one of every teacher's favorite?" He gasped. "Yeah. So? It's Miranda Loganne Campbell. She's like my best friend." I said. "Woah, dude! I never knew!" He joked. "Charlie, the whole batch talks about it. Of course you know!" I laughed. "Yeah, I was just messin with ya!" He laughed.

We got to our first few classes without being caught by any of Miranda's friends. My classmates saw the bear and questioned it but I didn't reply to a single one. I simply put down my bag on my seat and listen in class.

Recess time couldn't have come any sooner. I nervously walked to the cafeteria to meet my friends. Charlie pulled me to her table and I nervously stood there.. "Hey can we borrow Miranda Campbell please?" He asked her friends. They all smiled and nodded as they pushed Miranda towards us. I took a deep breath and shook away my nervousness. Charlie stood by my side as Miranda stood up. She saw me and smiled, obviously she already saw the bear.

"Hi!" I smiled. "Hi Ryan! What's up?" She blushed. I held out the bear until it was in front of her. She pointed at it with a huge smile. "Is that mine?" She asked shyly. I nodded in response. "Miranda, thanks for being my friend. Thanks for always making me smile and thanks for always being there for me. This is just a little something, I guess." I smiled shyly while kicking myself for sounding like a dork. Miranda smiled as she hugged the bear before turning to hug me. I hugged her back then we let go. "Thanks so much for the bear, Ryan! I love it! Thanks for being my friend too!" She smiled then we both went our separate ways. I looked back to see her friends squealing and whispering as my friends and Charlie gave me high fives and fist bumps.