12: Home Sweet Home

Brennan

Monica was coming out of the hospital. It's been a week since she woke up, so it's a Tuesday. It's also been a week since Monica and I have been officially together. Katie and I were helping Mr. Campbell load their car with their stuff. When we finished, we went back to Monica's room.

"You kids stay here and wait for us to get back. We'll just fix Monica's release papers." Mrs. Campbell said, then left with Mr. Campbell. "I'm so glad you're okay now, Monica." Miranda said as she hugged her sister. "You'll still have to deal with your foot though." Katie said. "Thanks, Rands! I'm still sad about my foot, Kate. It's gonna be so hard to walk!" Monica whined. "Give it a few weeks, Nic. You'll be fine." I smiled. "Brennan, I have officially hired you as my personal helper. I can't walk around school with this foot in a boot!" She beamed. "I didn't apply for the job but okay." I laughed. "She randomly hires people, Brennan. Get used to it." Miranda informed.

"I can't believe Doctor Willis was like, 'She'll be back in school before any of you can start any news' or something like that." Katie said. "Right! Like omg the school is already buzzing!" Miranda agreed. "Try being in the eighth grade. It's like a group of bees swarming our table and whatnot!" I sighed. "What's been going on while I wasn't around?" Monica laughed. "Okay so in the gym, the videos started to scatter thanks to Lily. She showed Amanda, who showed Peanut, who showed Via, who showed Arden, who showed everyone else!" Katie narrated. Lily knew a few of the girls in Katie's gym and she was a little to excited to share the news with the girls. "Now everyone in the gym is going crazy and are asking me for details!" She finished. "But you haven't told any vlogs yet?" Monics asked. "Nope, not a thing to worry about." I answered.

"It's pretty crazy in our school too! People found out little by little. I have no idea how, okay?! Now everyone's like 'MIRANDA TELL US ABOUT MONICA AND BRENNAN!' or like 'Oh my gosh they're so cute!' Gosh you guys should see the picture edits they make of you guys." Miranda told us. "I won't be surprised by what I hear or see once I get back." Monica laughed. "What's weird is that, why are they so happy about us when there are so much more couples in school?" I asked. "Well one, you're my older brother." Katie listed. "Two, you and Monica are like...individually hot. You're both pretty popular in your school too." Miranda added. "Three, you're like two of the many smart kids in your school." Ryan laughed. "Hmm...makes sense." I smiled. "Imagine you guys getting married in the future." Katie sighed dreamily. "Then you two will have three kids named Maddy and Matty who are twins and a little boy named Charlie." Miranda excitedly cheered.

"Woah woah woah!" Monica and I piped in. "What?" Katie and Miranda asked dreamily. "How do you know about Maddy and Matty?" Monica asked. "And why are you planning our future for us?" I asked. My sister and Miranda have been spending a lot of time together since Monica and I started hanging out more often too. Maybe their minds are too strong for our liking... "We read Brennica fanfics! Duh!" Miranda sassed. "And it's never bad to plan early." Katie smiled. Monica laughed then looked at me. Her laugh was so contagious, I started laughing too. Even though Monica and I were pretty official already, our relationship in general was pretty weird. It was a mix of many things. We protected each other like siblings, talk and act like best friends, tease each other like normal teenagers, discuss like a married couple, and act as sweet as an old couple. I mean, that's from what Miranda, Katie, Ryan, Annie, and our parents have said.

"Okay kids! Let's head on home!" Mr. Campbell cheered as he entered the room. "Yes! Finally!" Monica smiled. I helped her on her feet and onto the wheelchair. Miranda carried her sister's backpack while I pushed the wheelchair.

While waiting for the elevator to arrive, we came across a little girl about Hayley's age. She was also on a wheelchair but she was so pale and her hair was gone. "Hi! You're Brennan and Monica from Flippin Katie!" She smiled. "Hi there! And um...yeah we are. They are actually." Monica smiled up at me as she motioned for Katie and Ryan beside me. "Why are you all here?" She asked. "Just our little secret, okay? But Monica got hospitalized. She got into an accident." I whispered to the little girl. She gasped. "I hope you're okay! I hate it when someone I love gets sick. You guys are my source of strength when I feel down." She sighed.