24: I'm Sorry

Brennan

It was our Christmas party at school. I didn't really give gifts but I did come with food, and that year I had pizza. Though I didn't really give gifts, I had one for Monica. Well, you could probably call it a gift.

Lily and I came into the classroom and everyone was in groups. Our tables were arranged in a circle and they were filled with food, gifts and other stuff.

We spotted Monica sitting beside a table filled with gifts and a big container of spaghetti. Her chin was resting at the palm of her hand which was held up by her elbow. Her brown eyes looked like they were turned even darker. She's been crying.

Nora sat beside her and they talked. Nora had always been kind to Monica, they're like distant friends. Lily and I sat opposite to Monica and Nora. We put down our stuff and simply watched Monica.

"They're talking about you." Lily said. Monica and Nora turned their eyes towards us and then quickly withdrew them. "Yeah. Noticed." I said blankly. "I'm still sorry about your break up. You guys were really great while it lasted." Lily said. "It's not your fault. Plus, why are you saying the 'while it lasted' crap? Isn't that my supposed line?" I chuckled. "Ehhh... who cares." Lily shrugged. Nora looked like she was trying to explain something to Monica but she was moving her hands to every word she said. Monica did that when she tried to make a valid point.

"You think your little gift for her today will make things work out again?" Lily asked. I shrugged. "I don't know. We broke up three days ago and she's obviously going to ignore me for a long time. She's Monica, she's not a Disney princess who you can easily sweep off her feet." I answered. "Hmm... fair point." Lily agreed.

Miss Sanders came into the classroom and she was simply happy about all the food and gifts that we had brought. Well, technically my other classmates had brought. Rachel and Adam hosted our class Christmas party since they were always the most hyper in homeroom. Nora was in charge of the music just like she was during our birthdays. Then later on was a special performance from me and Lily and our other classmates. Lily was going to play the piano while I was going to lose my dignity and sing.We were going to perform Christmas Lights by Coldplay. It wasn't the happiest Christmas song but we talked to Miss Sanders about it and she said yes. She shipped me and Monica to an unimaginable extent.

We had games which I participated in along with Monica and Lily and the whole class. Although Monica tried very hard not to smile whenever we got close to each other. Then Rachel and Adam surprised the class by preparing a slideshow of all our class bloopers. Our homeroom class had the best random moments! There were a lot of Brennica moments which really hit me and Monica in the gut. We looked at each other when a photo of us with Nora flashed. She looked at me with those darkened eyes. "I still love you." I mouthed. Monica's eyes widened and she immediately withdrew them from me.

After more games and fun we started with the potluck and all the home cooked food was amazing! Especially the spaghetti Monica brought. It was made by Miss Eliza and she makes really great spaghetti! Louie brought cake that she made since she was really talented in baking. Monica and I coincidental went to go slice some cake at the same time. I cut a slice for her and she quickly but awkwardly walked away after whispering a simple, "Thanks."

The class had a small rave party with loud music after eating. I didn't really know how it started but I'm pretty sure I was dancing with Monica and we were actually happy again. There was so much adrenaline in one room that I wasn't sure if she knew that it was me she was dancing with cause she was actually smiling and not shying away from me. Then we had the exchange gift in the form of Secret Santa.

You're probably hoping I got Monica, but I got Bear Callaway so I gave him a phone case since he really liked cases for some reason. Lily got Louie and gave her a nice shirt. Monica got Caryl who she was good friends with. They've been in many classes together since 6th grade. Monica got her a planner. Nora got Monica and gave her a tote bag with a nice M on it.

The Secret Santa went on for a few more minutes. Miss Sanders picked me and she got me a really nice sweatshirt with my last name at the back. After all the gift giving, it was finally time for the performances, Miss Sanders gave an intro for ours.

"So your classmates prepared a performance! I am proud to present to you Brennan, Lily, Nora, Louie, Caryl, Jessie, Leah and Eliana! First up, Lily and Brennan!" Our class cheered for Lily and I. "Hey everyone! We hope you guys enjoyed our Christmas party today!" Lily smiled. "And we wish you a merry Christmas." I smiled and subtly pointed to Monica.

Lily started playing and I took a deep breath. Everyone in class started cheering at the first note I sang. The more we got into the song, the more I was fighting myself from grabbing Monica's hand just to give her a twirl. But I lost control near the end of the song and I walked over to her. The tears in her eyes started to flow and our classmates' phones were pointed to us.

I swayed Monica and looked her in the eyes while I sang. There she was. Back in my arms once again. Every single word in the song summed up to the fact that I wanted her back. When I approached the last line, I gave her a spin and our hands let go. She was crying so hard. Monica looked me in the eyes and sat back in her seat. The other girls started comforting her.

"Thank you for that wonderful performance!" Miss Sanders smiled at us and hugged us before we took our seats. Our other classmates performed their pieces and it really lightened the mood Lily and I accidentally set. Lily and I discussed what just happened before she walked over to Monica.

Miss Sanders gave a little 'happy Christmas break' speech after all the performances then she let us go. I walked over to Monica and sighed. Her friends were still surrounding her. I looked at her but she still had her face buried in her hands. "I'm sorry, Monica." I said and walked away.

"Brennan!" Colin, Owen, Brady and Simon called after me when they saw me outside the room. "You're getting her back aren't you?" Colin asked. I shrugged. "What's next? You do have a plan right?" Owen asked. I shrugged. Brady harshly grabbed me and stopped me from walking and turned me around. "Brennan, you have to get her back." Simon sternly said.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

these past few chapters have been sloppily written ugh sorry for that. i was like thirteen or fourteen when i wrote those. anyways, once i finish editing all the chapters, I'll give you guys a new chapter or two ;) thanks for 31k reads omg ily all so much! <3