Draco x Nikki

For @insanemind2001

"Hey Nikki!" An annoying first year yells your way. You roll your eyes and carry on walking until you hear a voice yell, "Ew, why would she want to talk to you?" Ah, Draco daddy's boy Malfoy. You spin on your heel immediately and sneer rudely in Draco's face, "I don't need your help with bloody first years, Malfoy, and don't even bother threatening me with going to tell your father. It might work on stupid Potter, but it will certainly not work on me." You turn your nose up and storm away to your favourite spot to think.

You don't know why, but a tear falls from your eye. You'd struggled making friends in first year, unlike Potter, you didn't get an offer from Draco. You'd created a hard outer shell and a reputation and for some reason, people weren't happy about it. Another tear runs down your porcelain cheek as a head peaks around the corner. All it took was the flash of bright platinum hair for you to know it was Draco. You sigh, wiping your tears away before patting the concrete next to you.

"If you're going to spy, Draco, you might want to do it more discreetly. Now you're here however, you might as well sit down," you look up as Draco sits next to you, his eyes shining with genuine concern.

"What's wrong, Nikki?" Draco asks placing his hand over yours and smirks in surprise when you don't shrug him off. You sigh loudly, looking into his eyes, "I'm so lonely Draco, don't you see? I have nobody and I can't take it anymore. I keep trying to push people away, when honestly I just want to be your friend. I've liked you for a while Draco... I just don't know how to tell you!" You explain.

"You just did tell me Nikki," Draco emits an exasperated laugh, "and let me tell you now, I like you too" he smiles sheepishly, leaning in and kissing your cheek, linking his fingers with yours. You smile at each other, just watching the other quietly.