George

Since the war, George had been a quiet soul. He tended to stick to himself with a quiet book in the back of the shop.

He flicked through the pages of a History of Magic for the fourth time that day, the moving images smiling at him with sympathetic eyes. God, he was sick of the sympathy.

"Excuse me?"

His eyes shot towards the speaker as he leapt from his stool. The person before him giggled and hid behind their hair.

"I'm so sorry to bother you while you're reading but..." a blush spread across their cheeks as they took in who they were speaking to. He was, quite simply, breathtaking. Although, George had always been attractive, and therefore so had Fred.

"Oh, can I help you love? Are you looking for something?" he asked, ears flushing red. He indicated to the shelves behind him, "we have all sorts of stuff - you name it, we -- I have it"

A smirk spread across the person's face. They had an idea.

They had attended Hogwarts with the twins, even though they had never given them a second look, and had always had a soft spot for George. Upon finding the peace had returned to the wizarding world, they had studied George in his day to day life at the shop, visiting regularly - to find things that could possibly cheer up their brother, who was endlessly miserable after losing his best friend at the hands of Bellatrix LeStrange.

George was always reading a book. Never speaking. They missed his voice.

"I'd like a date. With you."

If it was possible, George's ears got redder.

"m-me... what?"

Harmonious laughter left their mouth. "I want a date, with you. We can just go across the road... but you look like somebody I'd like to know"

"...Okay. Let me lock up."

George smiled. And for the first time in a while, it was a genuine one.

***TWO YEARS LATER***

"Y/N, slow down!" George laughed. It was a hearty and loud laugh.

Y/N giggled, continuing to pull him along behind them. "I have something to show you."

They pulled him into the clearing, not far from the home they shared, near Godric's Hollow, that they knew George used as a thinking space.

There, before the two of them, was a flower garden. Small candles floated above their heads and a photo of Fred sat before them.

George smiled at the area, and then down at his beloved, new, partner in crime. His eyes welled with tears and shone with gratitude.

"Thank you, Y/N, I love you"

And then he smiled a big smile, the biggest and most genuine since he had been departed from his twin. In that moment, he knew everything would be okay again.

A/N - I know this is shocking but I had to post something, just to prove that I WILL keep my promise :)