iv

Conections

Georgetown,Washington D

Georgetown,
Washington D.C.

Charles stays in the toilet of the plane for half of the journey, looking at himself in the mirror and thinking what is he doing to do when he sees her. He leaves the toilet and sits down taking a deep breath. Logan looks at him and frowns, not understanding why his friend is like that. He has never seen Charles so messed up and lost.

"Hey, buddy" He calls him "Are you alright?" He asks worried.

"Did I tell you why does Eleanor have to be involved?" He asks narrowing his eyes. Logan looks at him, deciding to lie.

"No, you didn't mention" Logan answers "But you have to do this. You insisted"

"Why? What happens in the future that I have to change? She dies, but so will I someday" Logan looks down and smiles at him.

"You don't want to know Charles, just do what you're told and change our future" He replies as calm as he can.

"Logan, was it Logan?" Charles asks the strong and big man, who nods "I need to know what happens" Logan stares at his old friend, who looks at him sadly and worried for this woman. He sighs and looks at he ground.

"Are you sure you want to know?"

"Absolutely"

"He joins Erik" He tells Charles. He turns to look at Logan narrowing his eyes "And she tries to kill us many times. One day, Erik started fighting with us, in our side... But Eleanor stayed against us. I didn't have a choice, Charles"

"You killed her" He murmurs.

"Yes, I killed her to protect you" Charles covers his mouth with his hand and sighs "Why is she so important to you? You never told me that, I don't think you told anyone of us" He says referring to Jean, Scott, Storm, etc. Charles looks down and nods.

"I don't like talking about it" He murmurs taking a glass and pouring some vodka in it. Logan stands up from his seat and sits in front of Charles.

"Well, you better start talking because I don't want to say something I shouldn't" Charles looks at him and nods.

"Eleanor is the woman I'm in love with. I would even dare to say she is the bloody love of my life" He admits before drinking the rest of the drink "I was an asshole with her. I let her go. She got married to a rich guy, and I lost her. End of the story" He forces a smile and Logan shakes his head.

"I didn't know you-"

"Yes, there are things I am sure I'll never tell anyone, my friend" He comments interrupting Logan "Eleven fucking years in love with her, and it seems like in the future it doesn't get better... Insane, uh?" Logan looks at him, feeling really bad for him.