xii

Summit

28th January,1973

28th January,
1973.
Paris.

Logan drives the car into the Parisian building. He has to stop at the door, where there is a checkpoint. Eleanor gets out of the car walking in direction of the men.

"Excuse moi" She says before pushing the guards away with her telekinetic powers. She rushes to the box and presses a button which opens the jail-like entrance. Logan starts driving and Eleanor gets in the car while it's moving.

"I wanted to take care of the entrance" Erik complains. She turns to look at him and scoffs.

"Why would they let you while they have me?" She asks raising her eyebrows with a smile. He rolls his eyes and shakes his head. Logan parks the car next to a door which leads to the halls. Eleanor opens the door of the car and gets out, waiting for Charles to leave the car. He closes the door and the five mutants start to walk in direction of the door. They enter a highly decorated hall and walk quickly. Eleanor closes her eyes and starts to guide them, getting in the head of a General. She starts to go faster "Shit, they know there is a mutant in that room" She informs. The other mutants look at each other confused.

"How is that possible? What did she do?" Charles asks narrowing his eyes.

"Absolutely nothing" She answers "Trask has a thing which identifies mutants" She sees how Raven starts attacking the men, getting inside of Trask's head. After doing it, she regrets is as she starts seeing the horrible and terrible thoughts of that man. She sees the images of mutants, being experimented with and being slaughtered. Points at the room, staying behind "Go" She orders, getting out of his head. Logan looks at her and grabs her arm.

"Eleanor" He tells her, imagining what she saw "Eleanor, whatever you saw, don't let it affect you. You are strong, we have to stop this so those mutants are not gone for nothing. Don't let this stop you" He tells her.

"But he's a monster"

"Ending with his life wouldn't change anything" He says seriously. She looks at him and sighs. She nods and runs with him into the room, Charles looks at her she nods at him.

"Raven!" Charles calls. They start to see Raven squatting on the table aiming at Trask with a gun. A man laying on the floor shoots at her with some electronic shock " Raven? Raven!" Charles goes next to her and Erik throws the object to the man "Raven?" Charles asks looking at her from up close. She stares at him with hopeful eyes.

"Charles?"

"We've come for you. Together" He tells her with a nostalgic look. Eleanor watches them and stands next to Charles smiling at the blue woman. She smiles at her.

"Eleanor..." She whispers with a nice smile "I never thought I'd see you again" She admits looking at Charles.

"I made you a promise a long time ago that I would protect you" He tells his foster-sister. She moves around the table in pain and Eleanor holds her hand.