xxx

Unexpected

1973, July

1973, July.
Xavier Island,
Pacific Ocean.

After a week in the island, Eleanor and Charles are watching TV in the living room, laying next to each other on the couch. They are eating some sweets as they watch a British show called me Doctor Who which Eleanor seems to like. A maid walks into the living room.

"Mrs. Xavier, you have an urgent letter" She informs handing a paper to Eleanor. She looks at her and takes the paper, looking at it confused.

"Thank you" She says sitting down, since she got up to get the letter. Eleanor opens it, expecting it to be from the Government, although they know she is on holiday. Charles looks at her confused and curiously. She starts reading the letter and her expression turns into a surprised expression. It's from Erik.

"What is it?" Charles asks narrowing his eyes interested. She looks at him and smiles.

"It's from Erik" She says with a small smile. He nods slowly and looks at the TV again, not really liking the fact that he writes to her "He's asking me to meet him in Berlin" Charles looks at her to find her reading the letter. He scoffs and sits up.

"Eleanor, you are not going, are you?" He asks narrowing his eyes. Eleanor looks at the letter and folds it slowly. Then she turns to look at Charles and sighs.

"He is important to me, and he says it would make him really happy to see me" She explains looking at her husband.

"It's dangerous, he is dangerous" He says with his voice fading. Eleanor shakes her head and gets closer to him.

"Nothing will happen to me, Charles" She assures him with a small smile. He looks down and nods.

"I'm not going to keep you from going, Eleanor" He tells her with a smile "I just don't like the idea of you going to Berlin to meet him. Who knows what he wants... It's too far away if something happens to you" He murmurs. Eleanor smiles at him and decides to change the subject.

"I was thinking that tomorrow we could go to the beach at night, and we could dance a little and maybe we could cook some Italian food" She says smiling. He nods and smiles at her, knowing she is going to go but now it's their time to be happy and to be together.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When Eleanor's feet touch the cold ground, she lets out a slight scream as she covers her body with the red towel. She dries her body and surrounds it around her torso. Then the dries her hair and gets out of the bathroom with the towel around her body and sits on the edge of the bed. Charles was packing their things, since they are already leaving tomorrow. She looks around and sighs. She loved this, she doesn't want to go. It is not the island what she loved, what she loved was being here with Charles, she has been great with him these days. These two weeks have been wonderful but now, they have to go back, start looking for students and she has to go to Berlin. She takes her night gown and puts it on as she sits in the bed brushing her hair. Charles enters the room and stares at her, stopping at the door frame.

"Is everything alright?" He asks narrowing his eyes worried. She opens her eyes and nods with a smile. He walks over to her and sits next to her "What's wrong, El?" He asks looking at her. She shrugs and leaves the brush on the bed.

"I don't know, I just guess I felt normal and happy here with you" She says "I even got my period" She says with a nice smile, feeling normal. The reason why she can't have children is due to her ability to heal quickly, or that's what Eleanor supposes. You don't get your period like everyone. What would last several days, lasts several hours. But this time it's not going as fast as always. Charles smiles sadly at her surrounds her with his strong and exercised arms.

"Eleanor, you are going to be happy in the school" He says looking at her "All those young mutants we are going to find, help and teach; will be like a family in the end. We are a family now, alright?" She nods as she rests her head on his chest "Listen, you are going to teach them Spanish, you are going to keep fighting for our rights and you are going to be in charge of the arts department of the school" He says knowing she will feel better. She pulls away and her eyes lighten up.

"You are going to do one? Just for me?" She asks happily. He nods and then tilts his head.

"Not just for you, my love, I'm pretty sure there are some students who prefer acting rather than studying advanced biology" He says with a smile. She looks at him and grins "But I also do it mostly because of you, darling"

"You say you are lucky to have me, but I am the luckiest girl in the world just for being married to the best man in the world" She says "I mean, you're stupid and all that but, I still love you" She teases before pulling him into a kiss. He smiles as their lips meet and shakes his head. Their lips move slowly, just as their hands through each other's bodies. They pull away and Charles caresses her cheek gently.

"I adore you, Eleanor" He murmurs in a breath as she kisses him again. He smiles before taking off his shirt and throwing it to the ground.