x

Chess

Xavier Private Jet,Atlantic Ocean

Xavier Private Jet,
Atlantic Ocean.

Erik drops a plastic bag on the table between Eleanor and Charles. Eleanor looks at it indifferently and Charles sighs.

"Eleanor, what is this?" He asks worried. She looks out of the window again starting to smoke again. He crosses his arms over his chest looking at her "Eleanor, why was this in your backpack?"

"It's for a friend" She answers with a smile. Erik stares at her.

"So, I guess your friend won't mind if I throw this away" He says motioning his hand to take the bag. Eleanor is quicker.

"I don't think my friend would like that" She comments with her hand over the bag "Why don't you chill for a while?" She asks narrowing her eyes. He scoffs looking at Charles.

"Are you going to let her do this to herself?" He asks with a slight smile.

"She said it was her friend's" Charles comments not wanting to look at Erik. He knows Eleanor needs something to calm her down and he's been away for too long. He covers his mouth. Erik takes the bag and puts it in his back pocket. Eleanor's eyes widen and she stands up looking at Erik.

"Erik, please, I need it" She tells him.

"Eleanor, you have a problem"

"I have several problems but suddenly you care. Wow" She comments cynically grinning. He shakes his head.

"Eleanor, I always cared about you"

"Tell me what Emma was hiding from me" She demands to know with a smile. He frowns and narrows his eyes "Emma was hiding something from me. Tell me if you really care about me"

"I promised I would never tell you. She wanted to be the only person who told you" He murmurs.

"She is dead" She replies painfully. Charles stands up and grabs her hand.

"Eleanor, you need to rest" He tells the woman sweetly "Okay?" She nods looking at his blue hypnotizing eyes. She is tired and drugged. She could use with some sleep. Charles makes her lay down of the biggest couch and sits down close to the cabin where Hank is flying the plane. Erik looks at a chessboard he picked up from the ground. He sits down and waits until Eleanor is asleep, since he wants to talk about her with Charles. He looks at how she falls asleep. In a decade she has changed so much, yet she still looks the same. She's 36 years old, yet no one would say she is. She still looks 20.

Erik walks to get the chessboard and places it on the table in front of Charles, who is drinking now. Smoking and drinking are basic things in his life now. He stares at his glass and looks at Erik.

"Fancy a game?" Erik asks with a small smile "It's been a while"

"I'm not in the mood for games, thank you" Charles responds with a serious expression on his face. They try to speak as soft as they can.