xvii

They

1st of February,1973

1st of February,
1973.
Westchester, New York.

Charles is laying in his bed, trying to get some sleep but it's been a long time without the voices inside of his head. He groans as he puts his hands on both sides of his head. He can't sleep like this.

Eleanor, who sleeps in her old room, feels his inability to fall asleep. She rolls in her bed, from one side to another, trying to ignore the feeling. But she is unable to ignore him. She gets out of her bed and walks slowly and quietly into his room. He turns to look at the door and sees her silhouette.

"Eleanor?" He asks in a whisper "What are you doing here?" He asks trying to sit up with his arms. She walks over to her side of their old bed, closing the door behind her. She lays next to him and rests her head on his chest, surrounding his body with her arms. He stares at the woman confused. She turns to look at him and kisses him softly, tenderly, peacefully. He pulls away and shakes his head "Why are you so fucking good to me?" He asks looking at her.

"Because I love you, Charles" She whispers with a small smile.

"What I said in Cerebro, it wasn't true. I don't regret finding you, taking you to Paris and sleeping with you, I don't regret reading those beautiful letters, I don't regret telling you I am sorry" He tells the woman "Because you are the only person I would give my life for, Eleanor. I love you so fucking much" She smiles when he sees his smile "I saw my future self without you, and he regrets not having enough courage to go to your house and get you back"

"You saw your future-? How?"

"Logan" He answers with a smile "We are going to change the future, for us" He tells her making her smile "For Raven, for every mutant" Eleanor grins looking at him.

"This is the Charles I know" She murmurs "Where have you been, baby?"

"Lost, but now I know where I am" He claims with a smile. Eleanor rests her head on his chest again, drawing paths on his arm with her finger "I want to ask you something"

"I'm listening" She replies softly, looking at his lips.

"I know it is not the right moment but, would you marry me?" He asks closing his eyes. She sits up looking at Charles and intertwining their legs, pressing her body against Charles's.

"Why do you ask?" He shakes his head and smiles.

"Forget it" He says kissing her again. She stops him putting her hand on his chest.

"No, why do you ask?" She repeats with a smile "I thought the answer was pretty obvious" She narrows her eyes and he looks at her grinning.

"Still, you are supposed to pop the question" He comments with a smile.

"Well, then that's a yes" She tells him with a smirk "Although I married you a long time ago, the first time ever we slept together" He stares at her, moving her hair behind her ear. He moves their heads so he can whisper into her ear.

"Do you realize we are in the same bed as that day?" She bites her lip, knowing that if he could move his legs, he would already be on top of her. She sits on his legs with them between her thighs. Charles leans closer to kiss her as she puts her hand on the back of his head. Charles's hand passes through her waist to pull her closer to him. Eleanor lets him explore her body once again with the other hand, although it's not as if he didn't already knew it.