xv

hi, this is noa. 

alice, once before (i can't remember when) i have heard of the phrase that 'the world is like a small house'. it really had hit something in me. and sometimes, when i blank out during my classes, i play around with the idea in my head. there was a sort of depth and profundity in it that i could dive into and discover a relic of my own. if the world is a house, then our lives are simply the rooms in it. 

we are born into a small room of our own. something malleable that we can change and mold to what we want. and if we like the arrangement, then we can relax on the comfortable bed (i'm going to have a hammock instead if i had a choice though) and inflate ourselves with our own self-satisfaction of our accomplishments. 

but if you don't like the layout (and if you are me) then you can sit rigidly on the edge of your bed, contemplating over and over in your head, with an unending frustration about what the hell is making it seem wrong. the thoughts would eat bits of you. 'rotate the bed', 'repaint the walls', and 'stop talking to yourself'. and if you are miserable because you just can't get it right, and the window doesn't look straight, or there is no window at all and you don't know where the hell to get one, join the club.

but what's for certain is that your room is bound to change. it can get smaller or bigger, there can be more photographs, more companies. there can be wine (take some in my room then), and may there be chocolate. you can paint the rooms yellow, black or brown. post the posters of your favorite bands on your walls. anything. there is an infinite possibilities, and no restrictions. all the choices that you can make... and all the foolish choices that you can make, alice.  

for the moment, i don't mind my room alice. but there is one important fact that you must know alice. 

"what?"

you're not invited to my room, alice. 

"why?"

because you're already living in it.