A Girl's Love Arc {Part 3}

(Part 3)

"Big Brother!" Kyra waved enthusiastically in the corridor to draw Kyrano's attention, then ran towards him the moment he spied her, leaving him milliseconds to react before she had jumped onto him, clinging to him for dear life.

Despite the inappropriateness of them doing this in the corridor, Kyrano could not force back his smile as he held on tight to his sister, making sure she didn't fall as he circled his arms around her waist.

"Kyra," He started with a tone of soft admonishment, "You're already ten. You should stop doing that."

"But I want to do more of that while you still can hold me up." Kyra grinned cheekily as she turned her eyes. "Good morning, Miss Louise!"

"Good morning, Kyra. Where were you early in the morning?" Louise could not help her smile as well, as she started a leisure pace once more beside her butler who had little problems carrying his sister and walking at the same time.

"Oh, Brother Keyron brought me out to watch the sunrise by the fountain. It was really pretty!"

"He should have let you sleep in. You are still a growing girl; you need your sleep." Kyrano frowned, and Louise was no longer surprised to see the domesticity of Kyrano as an elder brother. It appeared as if Kyrano was the more domestic, more caring of the twin brothers, and Keyron was the one who appeared to have equally much fun bringing their little sister running around the Academy.

"Just a few hours' lack of sleep isn't going to make much of a difference, Big Brother." Kyra answered happily. However, the bright smile was interrupted by polite coughs.

"Are you not feeling well?" Kyrano was quick to ask in concern, but his little sister merely waved it away easily.

"It's just a small cough, Big Brother. Nothing to worry about."

"Tell me if it gets worse. I'll run down to the infirmary to get some medicine for you." Kyrano tasked immediately, and Louise's amusement quickly turned to admiration for her butler. Ever since he had discharged from the hospital, it appeared as if Kyrano had less to talk; less to communicate. Louise had been worried that it would motivate another round of self-isolation, but with the arrival of Kyra, the worry had almost completely eradicated itself.

With the little sister of the Reyes family here with them at the Academy, being the bright little spot of sunshine that Kyra was, Louise's butler had no chance of becoming self-isolated again. In fact, Kyrano appeared to be livelier than he had in ages, and she remembered even catching her normally silent butler humming a soft tune under his breath recently.

That being said, Kyra's presence had not only soothed her elder brother. Louise always had a preference for children, and Kyra's arrival to the Academy had made Louise much happier. It was simply the innocent of a young child that Louise was always drawn to; perhaps to make up for the loss of innocence when Louise was very young. Still, the lady was joyful at Kyra's presence, for she loved playing with the little girl, teaching her, and even exchanging scandalous gossips with her (even when it was not in Louise's position or character to be believing or passing gossips).

"There you are, I was wondering where you had run off to by yourself." Brandon's voice came from a short distance away shortly after they began walking again, and Louise was rather surprised to find her fiancé running towards them. It was a weekend, a day-off from school. It meant that the school corridors were rather empty, for most of the ladies were either outside shopping, attending to family matters, or simply exchanging gossips and talk over coffee tables.

"I'm sorry, Mr Brandon! I saw Big Brother, so I ran over." Kyra apologised brightly, and Louise wagered that only an innocent ten year old girl like Kyra could get away with apologies even while she smiled like she had won lottery.