Separation Arc {Part 13}

(Part 13)

"Louise!" Brandon shouted after the woman who had flung herself out of the cab even before it could stop completely. Chasing the lady who had picked herself to her feet immediately after her fall, Brandon left the cab fare to Keyron's dealing as he took the stairs two by two.

The dead silence of the air against the early morning light, doused in the morning dew was horrifying.

The paparazzi had yet to appear, but Brandon knew that it was only a matter of time. But before the press came, Brandon needed to know exactly what the butler had done in the name of his mistress.

"Miss Louise!" Someone cried, and Brandon watched as a maidservant, with her dress haphazard, dirty and bloodied run down the stairs to meet the young mistress of the household. "Miss Louise, catastrophe has happened!"

Louise didn't wait a moment more as she grabbed the shoulders of the bewildered and panicked maidservant.

"Where is he?!?" Louise demanded in the same tone that had been given to him earlier in the morning, Brandon catching up to them quickly and hearing Keyron following as well.

"T-T-The M-M-Master's O-Office... Most of the staff that were spared had already gone running... I-I h-have no family, and n-no place to r-run..." The maidservant was obviously in a bad state, but Brandon scanned the poor young woman quickly, glad that none of the blood that was on her apron, legs and hands belonged to the woman herself.

"What happened?" Brandon could not help but lag behind even as Louise let go of the maidservant, continuing her charge straight to the Master's Office. Keyron silently obeyed the unspoken order and went after the lady, taking the role of her protector now.

"I... I'm not very s-s-sure as we-well... It was all s-s-so sc-scary." The maidservant was still trembling badly, and Brandon could quite literally hear her teeth chattering.

"Relax," He advised once more, holding the young servant firmly by her shoulders and giving them a reassuring squeeze. "Breathe properly, and tell me all that you know."

"O-O-Okay..." The servant seemed clear-headed enough to follow the firm orders given and Brandon waited the precious seconds for her to calm down. "I am a garden maid, so I was outside tending to the hedges when it happened. The car came in and dropped off Butler Kyrano. With him were a few other cars of men that had guns and swords. I was unsure about their presence, so I didn't stop them as they walked into the house... Then the alarms rang. I panicked. Head Chef called me into the kitchen and told me to hide with the other girls. I didn't know what to do, so I did. They hid us in a room in the basement, but the men –the gardeners, the chef and the servants all got their weapons. We could hear the gunshots and the screaming. I was the last to go into the room, so I was closest to the door. I could see everything through the slit of the door."

The maidservant buried her face in her hands.

"Butler Kyrano was there as well. He only killed some of the servants. I didn't understand why. He told the men with guns and swords that had come with him to kill only some. The rest, he let them go and told them to run away. They came into our room and killed some of our girls as well. I was so scared when Butler Kyrano looked at me. I thought he was going to kill me, but he said my name and shook his head. He told me to hide, because he knew that I didn't have a place to run to. He told me to find a corner, face the wall and cover my ears until everything stopped. I thought he was going to kill me if I didn't do as he said, so I did. I kept on hearing screams and gunshots upstairs. And then finally it stopped. I waited for awhile longer, then I walked outside."