A Girl's Love Arc {Part 8}

(Part 8)

Kyra's condition had barely stabilized, and it was not looking good at all. It was already the third day of hospitalization, and Kyrano had not changed out of his clothes ever since he arrived the first day. In fact, he had done nothing more than just staring at his sister, his insides empty and gone.

Kyrano did not even have the emotional strength to run the perfect memories of Kyra through his head. He simply sat there, watching his sister, and resisting every single mental picture that fought to bring around a wave of emotions. The good, the bad, the terrifying pictures concerning his sister; he resisted them all as he looked on from the other side of the window.

The people came and went.

Even his mother came –thanks to Louise's kind escorting –and had broken down on the other side of the window as well. Kyrano had not reacted even as his mother had given in to the emotional stress, and fainted on her wheelchair. It had been a hectic mess with the nurses arranging for a temporary bed for the distraught woman.

Waking up a few hours later, Karima had asked for the best treatment for her daughter –the exact same words that her son had repeated to the doctor. Once more, the promise that they would do their best was given, accompanied with the same warning to be emotionally prepared. Karima, along with her eldest son, had sat side by side, simply watching the young girl fighting for her life for a long time.

But at least the elderly woman was much more responsive as she eventually accepted Louise's offer to put her up in a room in the hotel near the hospital so that she might be able to come down immediately if anything happened.

Kyrano spoke and reacted to nothing.

Keyron, on the other hand, was nowhere to be found.

Left with two butlers who were out of commission, Brandon and Louise had to look after each other while taking care –and looking for –their butlers. It was not an easy feat, and Brandon often found himself looking over to Louise, wondering if she would fall soon. But it appeared that the strong woman was completely understanding of her butler's shock and unresponsive state, though she tried relentlessly for him to attend to his own basic needs.

It was only until the 3rd day that Kyrano returned to reality.

The first stir that he made brought a jolt of surprise in Brandon, though Louise acted almost immediately.

"Kyrano?" She ventured softly.

"Yes, Miss Louise?" His voice was hoarse, but it was completely understandable, because the man hadn't been drinking much at all.

"Are you okay?"

"I am physically fine, Miss Louise." He answered, voice hoarse but mechanical. "Emotionally, I am bare. Completely bare."

Brandon and Louise was not sure if the painfully honest reply from the butler was what they expected –or wanted. At least the man was being honest with all that he felt –which was nothing. Kyrano wasn't feeling anything at all, and Louise simply could not decide if it was a cause for alarm.

"Do you want to eat something? Should I get something for you?"

"It is fine. I cannot expect my mistress to be getting my food." Kyrano stood up, and even Brandon could hear the soft pops of joints finally being worked once more. "Do pardon me for my subpar performance as your butler the past few days, as well as for the upcoming few days. I fear that I cannot be on my usual level for a short while."

"You don't have to worry about that, Kyrano." Louise excused quickly as she stood up, worried for her butler, but not sure what he must be thinking. "I will be fine for these few days without your help. Kyra is more important."