Moving On {Part 2}

(Part 2)

Once more, Louise Greaves-Crawford felt the discomfort deep in her heavy abdomen. If she was perfectly honest with herself, Louise would admit that all she wanted to do now was to find a comfortable position, close her eyes and fall away from her world of torture.

Pregnancy was killing her, and yet she still had to be the businesswoman that she was supposed to be. Louise didn't reject the idea of being a businesswoman at the moment; it was the heavy belly paired with the eternal discomfort that she was protesting silently about right at the moment. True to any pregnant woman who was already 8 months pregnant, she felt constant back and feet sores. She was constantly annoyed at never being able to take a restful sleep, given the fact that something heavy was always sitting on her.

The worst was the hormones.

Louise had never been an expressive woman throughout her life, but Brandon Greaves found out the hard way that his wife unleashed everything she felt on the inside whenever she was subjected to her hormonal mood swings. She supposed that the torture had been on her husband throughout the past 8 months as well, but she didn't really care, because that was all the suffering that he had to go through when he had been the one to impregnate her in the first place.

"Brandon," She called softly for his attention, patting his arm. "I have to relieve myself again."

"Again?" Her husband asked, then checked his watch. "We're already late."

"You go on ahead without me." She instructed as she began to veer away from their path in search for a washroom. Another really annoying thing about being so hopelessly pregnant at this late stage was the fact that she had to visit the washroom every ten minutes. It was biologically normal, but there was simply no way that the businesswoman wouldn't be annoyed with the urge to pee that came every ten minutes, especially when she had to sit through business meetings for hours.

"Wait, you should take Keyron with you." Brandon called after her worriedly before she could move too far away from him, motioning for the man who had been following behind them to follow his with.

"I'm fine." Louise didn't stop, but gestured for Keyron to go back while she half-turned. "Besides, I'm just going to the washroom. I'll be back in a short while."

"What if something happens to you in the washroom?" Brandon asked worriedly, but Louise only waved his concerns away. It was understandable for the first-time father-to-be to be worried about her health, but Louise was confident of being perfectly capable of taking care of herself. Nothing was going to happen.

"This is a building with extremely high security, Brandon. I don't think the washroom is going to do me any harm." Louise assured her husband as she approached a corridor, following an overhead sign that pointed to a washroom close by. Louise was rather glad that her husband had taken her advice in the end, because she heard no footsteps following behind her.

The morning business meet had been last minute, but like the business people that they were, Brandon and Louise had not been able to say no. Keyron had done his best to help them hurry their way along, but it remained a fact that news of the meeting had come a little too late for the two Heads of the Greaves-Crawford conglomerate.

Louise supposed that there was no surprise when her venture to the washroom was undisturbed –considering how every staff member must be attending the meeting. She was done relieving herself quickly, and struggled to get her big size navigating the small stall of the washroom. That was another annoyance that got on Louise's nerve –the fact that she had never been a big-sized woman in her life, and this pregnancy was making her squeeze and bump into things that she would never have if she were without the weight resting temporarily on her belly.