A Girl's Love Arc {Part 10}

(Part 10)

The butler walks through the corridor with pupose in his stride. Maids and lowly servants bow as he passes them, but he gives them no second look. They are –like him –insignificant in this horribly cruel world. Once, he had grown up with dreamy, fantastic ideas of his future.

Now, he had grown up into someone he never imagined he would have become. Yet, it was also now the only thing he could do –the only worth he had in this world anymore.

His comfortable and practical dress shoes making soft, dignified clicks on the marbled floor as he walked, he paused before a set of double doors, and knocked briefly. It did not take long for the invitation to come through, as he answered to it, quickly opening the doors and closing it tightly behind him.

His master looked up briefly at him, then back down on the papers and files that cluttered the table.

"What is it?"

"You should see this, Master Oscar." Head Butler Maiko walks calmly to his master's table, resting the envelope that he had received only a few minutes before. It was already open –considering that the butler's job was to check if the envelope contained touch-transmitted poison or any other dangerous materials.

"Call the Harolds while I'm at this." Oscar replied in his no-nonsense tone, reaching for the envelope without a second word.

"As you wish," Maiko answered with another polite bow, making for the landline. His focus upon the phone, Maiko took a short moment to remember the phone number for the family of Harolds, dialling them quickly on the rather old-fashioned antique.

The phone had not even rung more than five times before it went silent all of a sudden, startling Maiko as he snapped his eyes to his master, who had now taken a very good look at the contents within the envelope.

"We will discuss this first before we proceed back to business." Oscar announced, and his faithful butler nodded understandingly quickly as he put the phone back on it's cradle, stepping back a polite distance away from the desk.

"Should I submit those to the press, Master Oscar?"

"What?" Oscar spluttered. "Are you insane? Are you trying to ruin the reputation of the Crawfords?"

"Then how will we use these, Master Oscar?" Maiko asked, a little surprised. It was not going to be easy trying to hush this up –considering Louise was the heir of the Crawford conglomerate that the corporate world looked forward to.

Louise Crawford had made her mark as a stellar woman alone with her exceptional butler who had served her as faithful as any Reyes butler, and was a welcome figure even before her entrance into the corporate world. With the tiny part of the family business that Oscar had relented –under outside pressures –to relegate to Louise's command, she had made it bloom with rather spectacular ease that Oscar was almost humiliated. It was simply unheard for his niece to produce results much better than the Master of the Crawfords himself.

"This is evidence enough to bring him in." Oscar threw the photographs down on the table, the first picture enough to disgust him. "We have seen how spectacularly you have failed to take Louise out throughout this past semester. She has one semester left, and I cannot give her anymore reason to continue."

"You want to take away Kyrano?"

"Take her butler away using these as evidence of him betraying the code of being a butler –or whatever rules you guys follow. Taking him away will remove the land from beneath her. I will put you on her case while Kyrano is punished, but do not do anything to her."