Separation Arc {Part 8}

(Part 8)

Kyrano retched and heaved the contents of his stomach into the toilet bowl, feeling painfully bare and empty inside as soon as he was done. He had held on carefully for the past few weeks, making sure that he woudn't show his nausea on the outside. His insides had been churning for so long that he was painfully exhausted from it –and it was all because of his mistress.

He almost could not stand it any longer. Serving Louise had never been harder than it was now, and Kyrano leaned heavily against the toilet, his energy leaving him. How was it that he managed to serve Louise before? How did he even manage it before?

Of course, things had changed –even though it might not have on the surface. The fact that his master was Oscar had now become clearer to him like no other, and Kyrano knew that he needed to deliver on his promise.

Still, he wasn't sure at all which part of his promise included him ingesting poison little by little everyday, knowing clearly that it was killing him on the inside. The small tablets were the cause of his nausea, his pallid facial colour and still he continued to take them religiously.

Kyrano was a complete idiot.

"Are you okay?" Kyrano drifted back to reality blurrily shortly after, a concerned voice swimming in his ear. His head felt thick and heavy, and he knew that his body was doing its best to continue purging the foreign substance that he had been ingesting constantly.

"I apologize." Kyrano mummered softly, putting a hand to his forehead –not surprised to find it a little clammy. "I am not feeling very well at the moment."

A cold hand gently but firmly removed his, replacing with a cold touch, taking his temperature. He heard a distant sound of annoyed chatter, and then he was aware of a pair of hands on his coat buttons, working them. Blurrily, but doing his best to regain his senses, Kyrano's fingers closed over the ones touching him.

"Please don't." He said thickly.

"You are soaked through your shirt with sweat." The voice replies, and he heard disapproval. The hands gently removed his fingers away, and then continued at unbuttoning his coat, then his shirt. "How long have you been like this?"

"It started sometime last week." Kyrano wasn't really sure why he was answering, but he was rather blurred at the moment. "I could hold it in around Miss Louise last week, but I think I might have reached my limit."

"Why Miss Louise?" The fingers pulled his shirt apart, and Kyrano felt cooling air touch his skin. He hadn't been aware that he had been sweating, had felt hot until the cold, almost icy air touched him. Thus, despite his protests, Kyrano breathed a soft sigh of relief as his collar was loosened, giving him a little more space to breathe properly.

The question was left unanswered when Kyrano's arm was guided around a broad set of shoulders, and he felt himself hoisted up. With a little effort, he found his feet, though he was leaning very heavily on his helper. Both of them knew that he could not be lying on the washroom floor, that he needed to be somewhere more comfortable.

However, somewhere more comfortable meant being seen.

"Please..." Kyrano did his best to force his legs to stop even though his helper was doing his best to drag him along. "Please do not let this moment of my weakness be seen by anybody."

"This isn't the time for ego, Kyrano." The voice admonished again, but Kyrano refused to budge –even though he could feel himself being dragged forth against his will anyway.

"This is not about ego..." Kyrano did his best to force his lips to move, his words spilling forth. "This is about Miss Louise's safety. I cannot be seen sick, not right now."