Chapter Seven

Wanda desperately tried communicating with Pietro, but it was like trying to make a call when all the lines were full, and all she could hear was static.

"Dammit Pietro," Wanda muttered.

"What?" Steve asked, but Wanda waved her hand, silently telling him to hush up.

Steve seemed to understand and nodded.

Wanda closed her eyes, and took a deep breath before trying again. She tried putting everything she had into this conversation- her hope, love, pain- anything to help the message get through.

But Wanda was merely greeted with her own silent thoughts. Tears slowly began blurring her vision. She had felt him, she was so sure of it.

It was just like that day in Sokovia two weeks ago- her and Pietro hadn't even been together, yet Wanda was still able to feel his pain.

It was happening all over again- and that could only mean her brother was alive...right?

"Wanda," Steve said cautiously and reached to put his hand on her shoulder.

"I felt him," she uttered, her voice breathless. "He's alive. We have to find him."

"I don't know Wanda...." Steve replied slowly. 

"Why? My brother's out there somewhere." Wanda paused, before she quietly spoke. "You don't believe be, do you?"

Steve sighed, "Wanda, it's not that, it's just..."

"Just what?" She questioned.

"We need to consider all our options," Steve anwsered. "I mean, this could just be a trick."

"A trick?" Wanda's voice rose. "I felt him- my brother's alive. He has to be."

It hurt him seeing the girl so distraught. Steve believed her- he really did. But how was he supposed to explain this to the rest of the avengers- especially Tony? Him and Wanda were supposed to be leaving for a mission tomorrow, not abandon their plans for a new one.

The two sat in tense silence for a few minutes, before he calmy spoke, "Do you think you could try communicating with him again?"

"Yeah," Wanda responded, and it was only then that Steve realized she had been crying, which made him feel even worse.

Closing her eyes once again, Wanda concentrated as hard as she could.

"Please Pietro, oh brother ple-" her thought's were interuppted by a soft but clear voice, one that didn't belong to her.

"Wanda?"

A/N

Oooh a small cliffhanger! Hehehe

So....how was it? Reading reviews really help improve the writing- please leave them!

~Author~