Chapter Eleven

Despite her lack of sleep the night before, Wanda woke up feeling well rested, and eager to start her day.

Stretching, she sat up from her bed and looked around. She had stayed up later- hoping Steve would come in and tell her the new mission plans- but after an hour of sleep, Wanda allowed sleep overcome her.

But now she was ready. After slipping on a casual but tight fitting shirt and leggings Wanda exited the room.

The compound was quiet- almost eerily quiet.

As noiselessly as possible, she entered the training room, hoping to find Steve. Instead, Wanda was surprised to see all the avengers standing there- Nat, Tony, Rhodey, Sam, Vision, and of course, Steve.

Noticing her, he grinned and and walked to where she stood in the doorway.

"Hey, I recruited the team."

Wanda gave him a look of confusion as Steve only stood, his face expectant.

"You just called the entire team overnight?" She finally asked in disbelief.

"Um...yeah," Steve replied, obviously puzzled as to why she was puzzled.

"Thank you," Wanda said sincerely.

"Yeah, because, you know," Tony cut in. "I had absolutely nothing to do with it."

Steve rolled his eyes as Wanda laughed. "Thanks, Tony," he said sarcastically.

"Everybody wants to help?" She questioned.

"We're a team. We fight together," Steve answered simply.

"Which means we should probably get going," Natasha joined the conversation.

"Right," Steve directed. "Get everything you need, and we'll meet back here in three minutes."

But Wanda was already packed- or should she say, had everything she needed. As everyone left to suit up, she stayed behind. Rereading the Strucker file, she absent- mindly thought, trying to control her thoughts.

Wanda hadn't tried communicating with Pietro since yesterday. He had told her some of the experiments being tested on him, and Pietro had warned her to stay out of his head, saying it wasn't safe.

Pietro understood they had a connection- mostly due to Wanda's powers- unnatural to most siblings. He had told Wanda this, and she had agreed it was too risky speaking to each other. Strucker was no idiot. He could tell something was off.

Sighing, she spoke to herself, "I'm coming, Pietro."

She could only pray Pietro believed their last conversation, and hadn't lost hope yet.

A/N

Okay so another uneventful chapter, but Wanda's about to start her mission with the rest of the team

THE AVENGERS ARE ASSEMBLING.

Please leave me your thoughts!

~Author~