Chapter Twenty

~So the picture above is a beautiful drawing of a cute Maximoff twins when they were still test subjects. This is seriously one of the most touching and amazing fan arts of them  I have ever seen~

Pietro uncomfortably shifted on his bed in the medical ward, annoyance plastered all over his features.

And yes, he understood a dozen bullets was a big deal, but thet hadn't bothered him in Strucker's lab. Why would they now?

"Hey," he looked up to see his sister entering, and his mood visably brightened. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I could take on the world," he replied confidently.

"Yeah...I'm going to have to hold you off on that one," Wanda spoke, and sat in the chair next to where he was lying in the bed.

He grabbed her hand and squuezed it. Despite her joking manner, Pietro could see a sense of worry in her eyes. 

"You're not still upset because of the argument earlier, are you?" He asked, and Wanda shook her head.

"No, of course not."

There was a moment of comfortable silence, before Wanda reached out and twirled a piece of his hair between her fingers. "You need a cut," she remarked simply.

Pietro shook his head," Yeah sorry...didn't think it'd be polite to ask the doctor for one."

She rolled her eyes before her face became serious, "I really missed you, Pietro."

His blue eyes turned glossy at her words. He wanted to add some of his own comments, but he also knew his sister well enough to tell when she needed to vent, to just let it all out. So he let her do just that.

"Oh, it was awful! I missed half our trainings and there were days I hardly left my room at all." A single tear made its way down her cheek, soon followed by another. "You were always there and when it seemed you weren't...it was so hard. I always had my big brother to turn to- you were always there. Pietro, you stopped that bully from picking on me when we were seven and still living in Sokovia. You worked hard to provide for both of us when our home was destroyed. Without you, i just felt lost, and so, so confused.

Wanda paused to catch her breath, and Pietro took this oppurtunity to engulf her in a hug. "Please don't cry, Wanda. Please, you know I hate that. I missed you too, you know that right? And I promise I'll always be there for you from now on. I love you, so much."

She nodded as to pull her brother closer. "I love you too, Pietro." He soflty placed a kiss to her hair. 

He sighed. Both twins were together again- and everything they had been through had in the end, deemed worth it. They were together again, and that's all that mattered.

For the first time in a long while, the Maximoffs were finally able to say they were alright.

A/N

Gaaaa....I love the Maximoff twins so much.

So, this was the final chapter, and the epilogue will be up tomorrow, followed by a long author's note and all that.

Thank you guys so much...and leave a comment! 

~Author~