Chapter 1: The beginning.

I was looking forward to having a few days off from work. I was getting tired of how my team was treating me, like I didn't know anything about how NCIS works, instead of a Probe. If only they knew I was a fully trained military man.

Once we got your last case solved, Gibbs said we could go and he also reminded us that we had a week off of work. After he said that, I watched as Tony and Ziva left first, I was still working on some files that I had to update for NCIS, when Gibbs saw that I wasn't leaving yet he said "McGee go home the day is over".

I looked up from my computer and said "I know it is the end of the work day boss but I have files and other things I need to do so I can't leave yet. Don't worry about me though, if you leave before I do, Director Vance will get me away from my computer." After I said that Gibbs left me to my work. About around 11:00 at night Gibbs decided to go home, so he did with parting words to me to go home and enjoy my week off of work.

It was now midnight and I was almost through with my files, when director Vance came down the stairs and said "come on Tim I will take you home"
So that's what Vance did he took me home. Once I got into my apartment I walked to my bed and fell asleep before I could change out of my work clothes. The next morning I woke up early so I got out of my bed and went to take a shower. Then I got dressed in my running clothes and went to retrieve Jethro's leash.

I then called Jethro to me. Once he was in front of me I hooked his leash to his collar. After making sure I was ready to leave, I walked out of my apartment. Once I was out my door, Jethro and I started our run.

As we ran I felt free for once in my life. I couldn't stop thinking about my place in NCIS, and if I wanted to leave and do something for me or go work somewhere else.

As I continued to run to the park I decided to leave my depressing thoughts for another time. Once we got there, we stopped outside the park's gate. I knew this park didn't have leash laws so I uncliped Jethro's leash. I smiled at him and said "come Jethro let's go for our run"

I started to run once again, knowing that Jethro would follow me wherever I went. I ran about mile before I decided to take a break.

I sat on a park bench that was in front of the pound right in the middle of the park. As I sat there trying to get my breath back, I watched as two boys played by the pound, I looked down for a moment, when I heard a loud splash. Startled, I looked up and saw something that had me getting off my bench really fast.