Chapter 5: Meeting Huck

It took me and my team a week to solve the Solomon case but when I did I was so happy that I went out enjoying myself with some friends all weekend

. Sunday night, when I walked to my door there stood a man I didn’t know.

Once I got in front of the man I asked him who he was and he told me he was Huck but I was too drunk to understand what the man said, so I just nodded my head and said ok.

I got my door opened but I couldn’t walk straight so I asked the man to help me into my apartment.

He helped me inside of my apartment where he then laid me on my bed and when he did I passed out.

The next day I woke up hearing someone else in my apartment so I picked up my gun and walked into my living room and saw a man I didn’t know standing there.

So with my gun pointed at the man I asked "who are you and what are you doing in my apartment?"

The man said "my name is Huck and I am your guard.

As to why I am inside your apartment is because last night I was supposed to meet you but I guess you had a different plan or you forgot that I was coming."

"Oh sorry Huck I did forget you but if I am guessing right you helped me into my apartment and to my bed so I owe you one. But right know I need to get dressed so we can get to work."

Like ever other morning I walked to my desk and dug out my tablet and once I had it I turned toward Huck and said "you can sit in my chair I will sit on the floor to do my work."

So that’s what I did I was working on some new files when Huck said "do you want me to help you with your work ?"

I looked up at Huck and said "you are my guard you aren't supposed to interfere with my work."

"No. I am not supposed to interfere with your work out in the field unless you really need my help, but I can help you with your files if you need me to help you."

So we worked on my files until director Vance came into the bullpen and asked me if I was finished.

"Yes I am.

I got all the files done with some help from Huck but I got them done."

After I gave Vance all the files, Gibbs walked in to the bullpen and said "good morning Captain McGee how are you this morning ?"

I looked at Gibbs and said "boss I am still me I haven’t changed who I am, just because I didn’t tell you about my past doesn’t change who I am, and also you never asked me.

Not me like you did for Tony and Ziva, so don’t blame me for you not knowing who I am."

After I said that Gibbs didn’t talk to me.

I just worked until we got a new case.

I was mad at my whole team because they left me to do the whole case on my own but thank god that Huck was with me during the whole case because I wouldn’t be alive right know if it wasn’t for him.

I just might like having him on my side if my team keeps treating me the way they do.