Chapter 5: The Vale

I hate the vale, of all things in the world, other than Tia and Lu Lu, I completely hate the vale. Four nights, when I first started running from the princesses, I was running out of options for hideouts, and decided to go here.

After 3 days and 2 nights here though, I was attacked by demons. They were really just apparitions sent by the land to scare me away, it did not work. But the longer I stayed, the more I lost my sanity.

I saw demons, I saw monsters, and I thought I saw the devil. Now here I am again, going back to find the most ancient artifact there is, to bring back life, not just to my people, but to the other lands wiped from the face of the earth.

I trotted down a path that felt strangely familiar, then I saw it, another apparition, just like all those years ago. It had the features of a pony, the wings of a changeling, and the teeth of a dragon. It turned towards me, and roared. I knew from experience that it wouldn't attack me, so I kept walking. It roared again, and charged at me.

Right as it connected with me, it disintegrated to dust, and I coughed as some entered my lungs. When the haze was gone, I kept my walk.

I encountered more apparitions, that looked just like it, but other than that, nothing more. I kept moving until the sun hit the horizon, and the moon came out. What? You expect me to set up camp? Ha, in your dreams!

I didn't stop or take a break, I kept walking until I couldn't walk anymore. I sat down, and looked into the eerie night and sighed. "If only I could have a companion... It would make these types of trips less boring..." I gazed off to my left, my night vision kicking in, and saw a grove of trees and a pond. I got up and went over to it. I dunked my head in the water, and pulled it out, drinking some of its water, and set up my sleeping bag. (Not a camp)

'Well at least something in the Vale is good...' I smiled at my comment, and closed my eyes, drifting into a dreamless sleep.

When I felt the rays of dawn touch my eyes, I opened them, and sat up groggily. I yawned, and began packing my stuff. When I was finished, I kept on my long trek through the vale. Why not use my wings you say? Well there's a reason to that, when I first came here, there was this force in the area, that kept me from flying, and using magic.

2 hours later that day.

I was panting from walking so far, in so little time too. I pulled out a bottle of water, and drank it greedily, I sighed, happy that I quenched my thirst. I looked up again, and dropped the bottle of water, and my mouth opened in surprise.

Fore in front of me stood the tower of Aulmur. My eyes started to water, but I wiped my eyes because well, it's degrading, and I smiled. "I finally found it, heh, 'twas easier than I thought." I snickered and was about to move a few steps closer, when I heard a voice behind me. I stopped in my tracks and listened again. "Hello!" Ok for real I'm not imagining it. I turned around slowly, and stared at the being about 10 steps in front of me.

She was an Alicorn...

-Samuel