Chapter 12: Running From the Law

"Halt! In the name of the princesses, Samuel, you're coming with us." The lead guard said.

Samuel tensed an turned. Sparkle turned as well. The guards gasped.

"Sparkle Shimmer! What are you doing with.....him?!" The guard struggled to find the right word.

"Him? Oh, you mean Samuel. He helped me get through the Vale on my quest, and I now taking me to Canterlot. Why do you ask?" Sparkle said in a sassy, smart mouth tone.

Samuel chuckled at her. The guards glared at her, but dared not make a move to oppose her.

"He is a wanted criminal and-" "I don't care. You will leave us be, that's an order." Sparkle said in a commanding tone.

The guard bowed to her. "Very well..." He said.

Sparkle and Samuel turned to go. They walked to the edge of the town, where Sparkle went inside a small shop to get some supplies. She payed for some travel food and heard a loud bang outside.

Sparkle ran out of the shop and was terrified by what she saw. Guard after guard rushed at Samuel, attacking with sword, magic and words. But everyone that attacked him was blown back by his dark magic, and lay on the ground, unmoving.

Sparkle stared at him with horror in her eyes. His glowing red eyes met her crystal blue ones, and she thought she saw regret in them. But he was soon hit with the magic from one of the guards and flew back, falling to the ground.

"Don't worry, Sparkle Shimmer. You're safe now." The lead guard said, standing beside her.

When the guards were about to move in on Samuel and make the final move, something inside of Sparkle snapped. Rage filled her eyes as she conjured up the most powerful spell she knew and shot it at the guards.

"That's ENOUGH!" She said, moving to stand in front of Samuel with her wings spread and her horn glowing.

She motioned at Samuel to stand, which he did, unable to speak out of shock. Sparkle had that affect on most people. Once you think you know her, she does something to completely change that.

"You WILL leave him alone. Or I will fry ALL of you right now. I am sick and tired of being pushed around because I'm not a princess yet. But I will tell you this: if you ever disobey my orders again, weather I be a princess or not, you will regret it." Sparkle growled at the guards.

She turned to Samuel, raising her wings.

"Fly and follow me. And I wouldn't think about arguing right now if I were you." Sparkle commanded, eyes still glowing with anger.

Unable to form words still, Samuel just nodded. They both spread their wings and flew from Ponyville, where a large crowd of ponies had gathered. Sparkle heard the call of the guard behind them.

"You've made a bad choice Sparkle Shimmer! You can't run from the law forever!"

That struck her. She was now a criminal, running from the law with a killing monster. But the scariest part was, she regretted nothing.

~Sparkle Shimmer