Chapter 6: Surprises

Sparkle landed just outside of a dark, dreary forest. It radiated darkness. Sparkle had never seen something so......bad.

Shivering, she and Moondrop walked into the Vale. She walked slowly and quietly, trying to remain calm. She decided to think of a plan while she walked.

When the reached the middle of the forest at about mid-day, Sparkle began to use magic to heal the dead plants around the clearing she was in. Her horn glowed and she tried to use a healing spell, only, it didn't work. Her pink magic sputtered, then stopped.

"What's going on?" She exclaimed as she tried again.

Same result.

"Oh! What am I going to do!" Sparkle cried.

"Woof! Woof!" Moondrop said.

"You're right! That's a great idea! I'll find the center of the dark magic of the forest, and bring light and goodness to that!" Sparkle said.

Sparkle and Moondrop set off again. They walked and walked and walked. Soon, the moon rose high in the sky. Sparkle yawned.

"Maybe we should rest..." Sparkle said.

She hardly had a chance to lay out her blankets before she and Moondrop were happily sleeping.

~~~~~~~~

Sparkle was awoken by Moondrop's loud barking.

"Wha....?" She asked groggily.

She realized that he was barking at a strange creature standing before them. It looked like a pony, but it had an evil essence about it. It growled loudly and charged.

Moondrop yelped and darted back behind Sparkle. She puffed out her chest, and lowered her horn. The creature hit her, but burst into a cloud of dust. Coughing, Sparkle shook the dirt out of her pink coat.

"Let's keep going..." Sparkle said to her pup, who whimpered his agreement.

Sparkle led them on until the sun came up. Although it was a clear day and the sun was shining, it gave no light to the forest below. It was eerily dark and quiet.

Sparkle began to sense more and more darkness around her. Soon, she saw the tip if a tower in the distance. She smiled, knowing that that was the center of evil.

The tower got closer and closer until it loomed over her darkly. She took a deep breath.

"This is it Moondrop, the center of all evil in Equestria." She said.

She heard a voice in front of her.

"Hello?" The pony's voice said.

Sparkle stiffened. Their eyes met.

And he was an Alicorn...

~Sparkle Shimmer