sixty seven

"hah, loser! second one in a row." josh bragged.

"fine, fine. all or nothing this round?" tyler asked, trying to regain his lead.

"sure. i'm still gonna win though." josh said, he wasn't being serious right now. he knew that this wouldn't hurt tylers feelings. tyler knew he was just playing around.

tyler was about to say something back but then they heard a knock at the door.

"i'll get it." josh said as he stood up and walked over to the door. he opened the door, revealing a girl standing there with two pizzas in her hands.

"nineteen seventy-five, sir." she said, handing her the two pizzas and the receipt. josh handed her the money and a tip. she thanked him and walked away soon after. josh shut the door behind him and walked inside, placing the two pizzas on the coffee table.

"after this race, and after i beat your ass, we're watching the purge." tyler said.

"i don't know who you think you're talking to like that, but okay, ty." josh shook his head a bit but smiled nonetheless.

josh sat back down in his previous seat before grabbing his controller and un-pausing the game. they agreed on their track and then pressed play. it got intense from there. tyler was struggling in last place for a bit until he hit josh with a blue shell. he still wasn't in first, but with the help of a banana peel at the very end, he won.

"ha! i win!" tyler threw his hands up and changed. "you lose." and he stuck his tongue out.

"whatever, if it wasn't for your 'all of nothing,' i would've won." josh shook his head, playfully groaning in annoyance and shaking his head.

"that's what you get for doubting me." tyler giggled and walked over to the tv. he got the remote and went to netflix so they could start watching the movie as they ate.

"are you sure you want to do this?" josh asked, typing in the title as they searched for it. he found it and clicked on it before turning to tyler.

"of course, and if i get scared, you'll be right here." tyler nodded.

"okay, baby boy." josh responded before pausing it at the very beginning and standing up. "want any snacks or something to drink?" he asked as he headed towards the kitchen.

"uh yeah. get me some candy and some iced tea, please? also can you pop some popcorn, babe?" tyler asked as he stood up as well.

"i got you." josh nodded even though tyler wasn't able to see it. he went into the cabinet and grabbed some boxes of candy and then a pack of popcorn. he popped it in the microwave and pressed the popcorn button.

tyler walked into their room, grabbing a few blankets. he also put his phone on the charger, considering it was on the verge of dying. also, he didn't want any disruptions during their movie time.

both boys walked back into the room around the same time. tyler threw the blankets onto the couch and then sat down. josh came in with various beverages and snacks. he had also brought paper towels and plates so they didn't make a mess. tyler took the plates and put some pizza on there for both of them.

"one of each?" he asked.

josh nodded. "you know it."

and then tyler handed him his plate, and took his as well. he placed it on his lap and then josh sat down next to him and did the same. he put the popcorn bowl in between them on the coffee table. josh leaned over and pulled tyler into him, wrapping is arm around his shoulders. he kissed the side of his head and smirked a bit.

"ready?" he asked.

"ready." tyler whispered as josh pressed play.

-—-

chapters are going to progressively get shorter for a little bit just because more stuff is happening so bare with me, i don't want to put everything in one chap

also wtf 140k and 10k??? i'm dying omg ilyasm thank you sm for reading

- angel