Chapter 1

Sundance POV

It is Monday morning and I am really dreading today. I always have to wake up and cook my foster family breakfast and then I get beat up because it is Monday and they say that Monday is worst.

Let me tell you about myself. I am 15 years old and I am a freshman in high school. I am one of the older kids in school because after my parents died I didn't go to school for a year because they were trying to figure out things that would happen to me.

My parents died when I was 5. I just remember one day walking into the house after hanging out with my grandma and finding my parents lifeless bodies on the ground. I never saw my brother after that either. Then I noticed a not on the ground from someone named C to my uncle. My uncle had killed my parents and I was devastated.

After that day I moved in with my grandma and she died a week later from a heart attack. I soon was put into foster care and I moved in with Jameson's. They had a 2 year old daughter named Sawyer.

Then a year and a half later they sat me down and told me they couldn't care for me anymore. This is what the conversation looked like.

"Sundance sweetheart we can't care for you anymore." Keith told me. That's Mr. Jameson.

The Mrs. Jameson spook up. "Sweetheart I'm pregnant with my second child and we don't have the money to care for 3 kids."

I said okay and soon left. I was 6 by that time. I have been through many more homes from alcoholics to drug addicts and abusive families. But no house is worse then where I live now with the Woods.

I woke up this morning and went downstairs to make breakfast. I made pancakes and bacon. As soon I was done I was going to leave but right as I was leaving my foster brother Drew came down the steps.

"Sundance get in here right now." He yelled in my direction.

I walked in and he told me to make sure I went to the store after school so I could they things he needed. Then all of a sudden he punch me across the face. Then he threw me to the floor and starting kicking my stomach. I stated coughing and he told me to leave. I was in so much pain as I walked to school.

I walked in the school building and decided to change because I had blood on my shirt. I changed into my dance sweatpants and Hamilton T-shirt. I walked go home room and found my best friend there waiting for me. My best friends name is Hope. I have known her since 1st grade and I don't think I could live without her.

The school day finally ended and I went to the store. I grabbed the beer and turned around and completely ran right into someone. I landed right on my stomach which caused me to yelp in pain. The man kept saying he was sorry and I kept saying it was okay. I got up and looked at him. I started freaking out because it was the and only Lin Manual Miranda. I started freaking out and he looked at me.

"Hi I'm Lin and I am sorry to ask my did I cause the bruise on your face?" He asked me.

"Oh no. I...um...ran into a pole on my way here. Oh I am Sundance by the way." I felt so bad lying to him but I had to.

"Okay well it was nice to meet you Sundance. I hope that bruise goes away." I said goodbye to him and couldn't believe what happened. I soon realized what time it was and rushed home. As soon as I walked in I could smell the scent of alcohol which meant I was going to get beat up.

"Get in her you freaking bitch!" I heard my foster dad Colin yell as I walked in. I walked over to him.

"Did you get me more beer?" He asked me.

"Yes. Here take it. I am going up to my room to do homework." I told him. He started yelling and I couldn't tell what he was saying. Suddenly I felt someone throw me to the ground. Then he started hitting me and kicking me. As soon as he was done I ran out of the house.

I found a Starbucks about 3 blocks away I walk in and ordered a drink. I saw Lin so I started to walk out. I then felt really dizzy and collapsed. I heard someone call my name then blacked out.

*************************************

Hey this was my first chapter and I hope you enjoy it. Please read, comment, vote, and share.