Chapter 25

Sundance's POV

After Hope left I started to think about what song and monologue. I picked out the song Praying by Kesha. (Song Above! It's my favorite song!) I picked a monologue from the play A Woman of No Importance by Oscar Wilde. The character I was playing's name is Hester. In the monologue she is finally standing up for herself because she is the only American at a party of all English people.

After I practiced my song and monologue I went downstairs for dinner. Vanessa was making tacos and Anthony was still here and Pippa came to and they were watching TV with Sebastian when I came down. I went over to V and helped her shred cheese.

"Where's Lin?" I asked her.

"He went to the store because I forgot to get sour cream." She told me. "How was your day with Hope?" She asked me.

"It was good. I have some good news to tell everyone at dinner." I told her.

"Ok. Your cast looks really cool. Did you draw it?" She asked.

"Yeah. Can I ask you something?" I asked her.

"Of course. What's up?" She looked at me.

I hesitated then finally asked her. "Are you able to get my birth certificate and stuff like that?" I knew she was going to probably make me explain why I wanted it.

"Yeah. Why? Is something wrong?" She looked at me in concern.

"Nothing. I was just wondering in case I wanted it in a few years or anything." I told her and then walked into the living room.

I was walking without my crutches because I hated them and Vanessa didn't say anything so I didn't go and get them. Lin walked back into the house and went into the kitchen. Lin and Vanessa were talking for a while before Vanessa announced that dinner was ready.

We all walked to the dining room and sat at the table. Lin and Vanessa had concerned look at their faces, but I just ignored it and got 1 taco. As we started eating everyone was talking to each other and I was just in my own little world when Vanessa asked me about my good news.

"Ok. So there is going to be another school musical and I'm going to audition." I told everyone and then put my head down.

"That's incredible. Do you know what the musical is going to be yet and what you are going to audition as?" Lin asked me.

"Actually yeah. We are apparently doing Heathers and I'm going to audition for Veronica Sawyer." I told them.

Everyone told me they were excited for and told me that they would help me with my audition if I wanted them to. After dinner I helped V clean up and then went back up to my room. I got on my computer and started working on homework when there was a knock on the door. I told them to come in and it was Anthony.

"Hey." I said to him and continued to type on my computer.

"Hey. Can we talk?" He asked.

"Yeah. What's up?" I looked at him and shut my computer.

"When you were in my car and I asked you if I could ask Hope out and you hit your ankle and winced in pain was it the same reason that your ankle is broken now? Why didn't you tell anyone?" He looked at me.

"I didn't want to disappoint any of you guys. I just wanted to prove that I was ok to take care of myself and didn't need you guys to take care of me all the time. I'm sorry." I told him and then put my head down in embarrassment.

"It's ok. Just know that you can always tell me anything. Your like a younger sister to me and I will always be here to protect you." He told me and then pulled me into a hug.

I laid my head on his lap and slowly fell asleep. I started to dream and I realized it was a nightmare. Lin was taken away from me and so was everyone else. I was put into custody with my uncle and then he shot me just like my parents.

I woke up crying and Anthony was still with me but he was asleep. I walked into my bathroom and got a drink of water. I opened up one of the drawers to get a tissue when I noticed a brand new razor.

I pulled the razor out and stared at it for a while. After about 20 minutes of just staring at it, I put it back and crawled back into my bed. I fell back asleep and had another nightmare. This was about my parents pulling me in Hell and said they were already there.

I woke up crying again and went back into the bathroom and pulled out the razor. I started to cut my leg again. I made 2 cuts and then stopped. I threw the razor across the room and started crying because I was being stupid and selfish.

I cleaned myself up and put a bandage on my leg. I threw the razor away and just sat in the bathroom on the floor. I started to cry because I was thinking about what Anthony said. About how I was like a little sister to him. I was so happy. I was so grateful to have all these people in my life that care about me.

I was being so selfish and I knew it. I sat there for another 20 minuted and then took the bandage off my leg. I sat there and stared at them and then I heard movement in my room. I heard a knock and then I opened the door and it was Anthony.

He looked at my face and I could see pain and concern written all over it. He looked at my leg and then back up to my eyes. He sat next to me and just pulled me into a hug. I started to cry and eventually fell asleep.

***********************************************************************************************

Hey! Sorry its been so long since I updated. I've been having a rough year, but I'm traveling right now so I decided to post an update. Here it is and I hope you enjoy it! Please vote, comment and share.