Chapter 66- You're Safe

Koda's POV
I was so close to avenging Amanda's death. So close and yet so far. I paced back and forth in the room, plotting my next move. It killed me how close I was. Just thinking about it made my blood boil. The door creaked open, catching my attention. She walked in. I didn't even bother to put my walls up to keep her out of my mind. I wanted her in my head. I wanted her to know what I was going to do to her. All of my anger and resentment bubbled up one last time and I attacked.

"Koda no!" Thor tackled me when I was  inches away from her. When I was so close. "You swore to him you wouldn't hurt her."

"What's a promise to a criminal worth?" I snarl back. "Especially to protect a murderer."

He threw me back into the wall. My head throbbed in pain from smacking the wall. "Get a hold of yourself!" He boomed.

"Who are you calling a murderer?" Wanda spat, bitterness and anger layering her tone. "You are the one who killed my brother."

I frowned. "What? I didn't kill your brother."

"Do not try to lie to me. He fought you last and hasn't returned since then."

"Because I captured him. Why would you just assume he's dead? I'm not a killer, you're the one who killed my sister!" I accuse.

"I didn't kill your sister, she's here." Wanda responded, the confusion on her face matching my own. "You mean my brother is still alive?"

"Amanda's alive?" Thor clarified in response.

My heart stopped. The anger that clouded my judgment dispersed, leaving me thinking straight. For once. I can't believe how dumb I was. Marching in here, what did I hope to accomplish? I was ready to kill Wanda. I can't believe it.

Still, I was soon overcome with joy. She's alive. Of course she is, she's a fighter. I can't believe I ever doubted her. I'm never letting her out of my sight again.

"Oh no." Wanda came to a dismal realization. "I thought he was dead so I... I wanted revenge... Oh no I'm so sorry."

"What's wrong? What did you do?" I ask.

"I can't really explain what I did to her, at least not right now."

"Her? What did you do to Amanda?" I demand.

"Awful things. I was going to save her but after they told me you killed Pietro... I figured I would use her get revenge. I tried to kill her but she kept on surviving, thank goodness she survived."

"You tried to kill her?" Thor exclaimed, now starting to get angry.

"Is she hurt? If she's hurt I swear..." I threaten.

"Not physically, like I said it's too hard to explain right now. We have to get everyone out of here."

"Everyone?" Thor asked.

"All of your friends came in, they didn't tell me exactly who. All I know is they are going to die."

"Let's go then." I say, ready to run.

"I have to get the guard surrounding your room out. I'll come back once the coast is clear."

"What about Amanda? Where is she?" I ask.