Chapter 3

3rd Person POV
Eren found himself lying in a hilly field under a cherry tree. There was a soft breeze carrying a sweet scent across. Eren had his arms behind his head and closed his eyes. He heard some gentle footsteps approach and reopened his eyes. He turned his head to look at the gorgeous woman standing before him. She had on a lose (f/c) dress that stopped right above her knees and (f/c) flats. She had stunning (h/l) and (h/c) hair and beautiful (e/c) eyes. Eren sat up and instantly recognized her.

"Hey there (y/n)." He greeted as he stood up. His cheeks were dusted in pink. "Y-you sure look lovely today."

"Oh," her voice was like silk, but shy at his complement, "t-thank you Eren. You too." Her cheeks began to glow and a smile spread across her lips. They walked closer to each other and sat down and what seemed to be a picnic. The breeze was gentle and the birds were singing songs. The two laughed and enjoyed each other's company to the fullest, sharing jokes and complements. That was, until out of nowhere, a massive storm cloud came into the field and began its downpour right on top of them. Eren stood up and moved closer to the tree, but when he checked if (y/n) was coming as well, he found her sobbing on the picnic blanket. Concerned, he quickly walked back over and placed his hand on her delicate shoulder.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He kindly asked.

"This is wrong..." She cried. "Why? Why does life do this?" He rubbed her shoulder and pulled her into his embrace.

"It's okay." He comforted. "I'm here to help you, and you know that." (Y/n) cried into his shoulder, making his clothes get even more wet then they already were. A small ray of shy shine broke through the ominous and thick clouds, but was quickly covered up. As Eren held (y/n), he felt upset that nothing he was doing was helping. He felt useless. Seconds later, her fragile body went limp as if she fell asleep. Worried, he turned her face to look at him to find that she was dead. Tears began to flow down his cheeks.

"No!" Eren sobbed. "Wake up! You're only sleeping, right? Wake up! (Y/n)!!" His efforts were no use, which he realized. He put his forehead on to her's and continued to cry.
________________________________
Eren's POV
I quickly sat up in my bed, awakening from whatever I just saw. I wiped my forehead and realized that I had been sweating and my breathing was a little heavy. My body must've been freaking out or something. I sighed and looked at the clock: 2:50am. I was not going to wake up and get out of bed, so I laid down and tried to fall back asleep. I didn't get very far, but I wanted to keep trying because I had nothing better to do anyway. That and the bed was extremely comfortable. I stayed in place with my eyes closed resting. I heard my phone vibrate a couple times, so I checked it out of curiosity. On the lock screen, it showed that Mikasa texted me a couple times.

Mikasa: Hey Eren. How's New York?
Mikasa: Oh wait, it's 2 am where you are... Sorry! 😅
Mikasa: Text me when you can!

She must've forgotten the time difference. I put my phone down and closed my eyes again, hopelessly trying to fall asleep again. After what seemed like hours of trying, I rolled over and looked at the clock: 3:10am. Crud... I'm not falling asleep, might as well start my day now. I reluctantly crawled out of bed and walked into the kitchen to get some breakfast. I looked out the window wall and saw a nice view of night-time New York. The city was glowing and the streets were filled with cars honking at each other. I could barely hear them, so that's good. I poured myself a bowl of wheat cereal and got some water. I kept the lights off and walked over to the couch with my food and drink in hand. I turned on my TV and flipped to the news. I never really watch it, but for some reason felt like it. I had it turned down extremely low to make sure I wouldn't wake up (y/n) on the other side of the wall or Levi across the hall. He kind of intimidates me a little bit, even for being so short. Something on the news caught my attention- there was a large amount of kidnappings going on recently in New York, ranging from ages 13-25.