Chapter 14 (Part 2)

Eren's POV
We continued to wait, keeping an eye on everyone to make sure that they wouldn't leave. The man who I knocked to the ground just started to stand up, but slowly still keeping one arm wrapped around his stomach.

When he was standing, he was hunched over, keeping one arm firmly around his stomach and placing the other on his knee for support. Was that kick really all that bad? At least he wasn't gasping for air right now.

He glanced over to the leader, who was still tightly grasping his arm, and just stared for a minute, blinking irregularly. I had a feeling there was some kind of conversation taking place between the two, which wasn't looking good in (y/n) and I's favor. A brief nod occurred and then the one whom I put on the ground came running towards me.

Instinctively, I turned so he would hit his partner if that was the case. (Y/n) was getting her crutch ready in case she needed it, which she would.

The man didn't hit his partner, nor did he keep running towards me for long. He just did a 90 degree angle towards (y/n). I felt like I was in a corner. What do I do? Do I let this guy go and give them a chance to escape or hurt both of us to save (y/n), or do I just stay here holding on to the person?

That decision was quickly made for me when the man made (y/n) lose her balance, falling onto her back. I instantly dropped who I was holding and rushed over, slugging the back of that man's head to make him get away from her. I made a bad mistake.

As I attacked, guy who I let go pushed me to the ground on my side and pinned me down so I couldn't move. I could feel him rummage through my jacket pockets, most likely in search for the cloth that I had taken from him just a few moments ago. I did my best to try and stop him, grabbing his arm and tucking near my chest, but nothing worked. He just simply ripped his hand away from me with ease and then continued to search for the towel.

A few seconds later, he found what he was looking for, stood up, and kicked me in the back of my neck. A shot of pain surged through my head and the world around me began to double.

"Eren!!" I could faintly hear (y/n)'s voice. She sounded as if she was deep underwater and far away. From what I could see, she was trying her best to fight back while she was on the ground with her crutches. She picked up the crutch closest to her and began beating the crap out of the one who I hit a few times. He got off of her and fell to the ground.

The world around me was slowly growing dark as I watched (y/n) fight off the kidnappers as best she could. However, before fully going unconscious, one of the men quickly covered her face with the cloth. From the way she was moving, I could tell that she was holding her breath for a little bit, but it wasn't long enough. She struggled for a few seconds, but went completely limp. Then everything went dark.

~le time skip brought to you by magic unicorns~

"Hello? Sir? Are you alright?" Questions were echoing in my mind as if they were in a tunnel. I opened my heavy eyes to find myself surrounded in an area with flashing red and blue lights. A heavy throb came to the back of my neck and the memories of what just happened returned in a flash. I quickly jerked up, which was a bad idea, and felt an even sharper and nauseating pain in my neck. I groaned slightly and grabbed where it was painful it hope to ease it slightly.

"Sir? Are you okay? Can you hear me?" The person's voice became clearer with every word.

"Yeah, I can hear you." I choked out, squinting my eyes. As my eyes were focusing, I realized how bright the area was.

"What happened?" I slowly turned my neck to try and face who was talking to me, but I snapped it back to facing directly ahead of me, gasping briefly as I did so.