Chapter 5

Eren's POV
I was sitting on one of the white bar stools on the island eating some dinner. It was just some take-out from a local Japanese place that wasn't half bad! I heard my phone vibrate loudly on the counter, so I had to check. It was Mikasa. I realized that I forgot to text her back earlier, so she was probably wondering if everything was okay or something.

Mikasa

Mikasa: Hey, is everything okay? You haven't texted me yet...

Eren: Hey Mikasa. Everything's fine, I've just been busy.

Mikasa: Busy with what? >.>

Eren: Umm... Life?

Mikasa: -_-

I put my phone back on the counter and continued eating my dinner. I was listening to some music from the TV until I heard a knock at my door. I got up and wondered over.

Who would be coming over this late? I asked myself. I unlocked my door, opened it, and saw (y/n). She was wearing the same clothes from earlier, but she looked almost a little embarrassed. (Y/n) was looking down at the ground and was twiddling her thumbs together.

"Oh, uh, hi (y/n)." I spoke quietly because I didn't want to wake any of the neighbors... Especially Levi. "Did you need something?"

"Well, um..." Her voice was soft. "You see I kinda locked myself out of my apartment and... I was wondering if I could..." She mumbled something that I couldn't hear. Her cheeks turned slightly red and her hands were clamped together.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I leaned in slightly. "I didn't quite hear what you said."

"W-Would you mind if I spent the night at your place..?" (Y/n) turned even more red.

"Uh... Sure. Come on in." I moved out of the doorway and let her in. She came in and sat down on my couch.

"Sorry for bothering you so late." (Y/n) sounded as if she was going to get in trouble or something.

"It's no big deal. I was already up." I assured her while locking my door. I made my way over to the couch, but I didn't sit down. "Can I get you anything?"

"Just a blanket and a pillow please." (Y/n) requested politely. I went to my bedroom and grabbed an extra pillow and an extra blanket from the closet. I came out and placed them on the end of the couch.

"You sure you don't wanna sleep in the bed?" I asked. Her face flushed red and mine did too after realizing what I had just said. "N-Not like th-that! I-I mean just y-you know would you l-like to sleep there a-and I would sleep here." I was stuttering like an idiot. (Y/n) laughed a little and began to speak.

"No I'll just sleep on the couch. It wouldn't be the first time!" She chuckled.

"You sure? I mean I don't mind sleeping on the couch."

"Nah, I'm good." (Y/n) shrugged her shoulders and placed the pillow on the end of the couch towards the door. She unfolded the blanket and began to cover herself.

"Can I get you anything else (y/n)?" I asked.

"No thanks. I'm good." She began to snuggle down into the couch and placed her head on the pillow I gave her. She yawned and covered her mouth.