Chapter 6

Your POV
I woke up a few hours after falling asleep. I looked at the clock and decided that I should just start my day now. I did my normal routine in the morning and watched some TV. Nothing was on, so I turned it off and began to get dressed. I looked out my window and saw that it was still dark outside. I don't know why, but I kinda want to go for a walk in Central Park. The leaves are bright green and it's not all that crowded. I put on a light jacket and made my way out, making sure that I had my keys. After I had to spend the night at Eren's, I always double checked if I had my keys.

I left my apartment and made my way to Central Park. I walked around, taking in the beautiful scenery and enjoying the crisp morning air. There was an occasional dog bark and cricket chirp, but nothing else happened. I closed my eyes, took in a deep breath, and sighed. I was getting a little bored and was about to make my way back home until I heard a woman scream. My eyes shot open and frantically looked around for the source.

"Help!!" Her voice was sharp like a knife piercing the air. "Someone! Please!" I turned and saw it all happening: 3 guys wearing ski masks trying to take woman who seemed rather young. She had short blonde hair and terrified blue eyes. I ran over there yelling.

"Leave her alone!" I roared at the group. The saw me coming over, dropped the woman, and took off. I immediately rushed to her side. "Are you okay? Ma'am?"

"T-Thank you Miss!" Her voice was shaky and full of fear. I helped her off the ground and looked around, making sure that they aren't still hanging around.

"Don't mention it." I sounded distracted.

"E-Excuse me Miss..." The girl tugged my jacket sleeve. I looked down at her as she held onto my jacket. "C-Could you please w-walk me home..?"

"Walk you home?" I repeated. I didn't exactly hear her, so I repeated what I thought she said.

"I-I'm sorry to bother you, b-but if you don't want to, I understand." She began to walk away holding herself tight.

"No it's okay! I'll walk you home." I caught up with her and began to follow her.

"Thanks. I appreciate it." She quietly said.

"You know that there's been a lot of kidnappings lately, right?"

"No, I didn't." She looked at me confused. I looked back at her just as equally puzzled

"Did you just move here or something?" I asked.

"Yeah, a few days ago. Why?"

"The kidnappers seem to focus on people who just moved here. So try to do everything you need to when there's light out, okay?" She nodded back. "I'm (y/n) by the way." I put my hand out so she could shake it. She shook it and nervously smiled.

"I'm Krista. Thanks again."

"No problem." We both made some small talk and exchanged out numbers in case she needed anything. She lived in a very luxurious apartment with her family. She told me that her family has been here for a couple years and she was tired of the constant heat of Arizona so she came over. Plus her family wouldn't stop bothering her until she did. Her dad was overprotective of his little girl. When we arrived at her place, the sun just started to come out. Krista waved good bye to me and went inside. I waved back and turned around to go home. I kept my guard up thinking that the kidnappers were still in the area. My phone vibrated and I took it out. It was 5:50, and I got a text from Mason.

Mason: Where are you? You didn't answer the door.

Confused, I unlocked my phone and replied.

Mason

(Y/n): Why were you at my place this early in the morning?