Chapter 17 (Part 1)

Your POV
I stayed in the darkness, but this time it was different. The world around wasn't cold or harsh... It was warm and soft. I could hear a gentle breeze flow through what sounded like trees in full bloom. The wind was gentle as it ran across my skin, bringing a comforting warmness with it.

I slowly opened my heavy eyes from my comfortable slumber and found myself laying on my back underneath a tree. I lifted my head slightly to see the beautiful scenario around me.

I was in a hilly field sitting on the highest hill with the only tree on top. A small river flowed near by, the water quietly lapping over itself. The sunlight covered the entire area and glistened over the water.

I looked down at myself, seeing me barefoot and in a white dress. My hair was softly being picked up by the wind. I tucked a stray strand of my (h/c) hair behind my ear.

"It's good to see you (y/n)." A kind voice that was all so familiar spoke. I turned my head to the left. There he was, standing in a white tuxedo barefoot as well. His brown locks swayed in the wind and his turquoise eyes were glowing.

"Hey Eren." I replied heartfelt, a tear streaming down my left cheek.

"You okay?" He slowly walked over and took a seat next to me.

"I feel great now that you're here." My voice began to choke as I was overwhelmingly joyful to see him again. I thought everything was over... I must've thought wrong.

"That's a relief." He sighed, a tear forming in eye. Eren slid his arm around my shoulder and brought me closer. I placed my head on his right shoulder and wrapped my arm across his chest.

"Are you okay?" I whispered.

"I'm wonderful." He replied, his voice as soft as silk.

I closed my eyes and quietly sighed. I wish we can stay here forever, just listening to the breeze and the water. I felt Eren relax his head on top of mine and a smile grace his lips.

"It's so beautiful here." He whispered.

"It really is."

"Not as beautiful as you. No view ever will be." Eren's kind words touched me deeply. I've been called beautiful before, but I've never felt this way before. He brought his soft hand up to my cheek and ran a finger down my jaw, reaching my chin, and repeating his sweet gestures.

I squeezed him in my arms in a small hug, lifting my head off of his shoulder slightly. He removed his head from mine and looked at me with longing, yet relieved, eyes. He tucked my hair behind my ear and smiled.

"I love you... So much." His voice soft.

"I love you too." He cupped my cheek with his hand compassionately and wiped the tears from my left eye. Eren slowly brought my face close to his, making us eventually touch foreheads. The moment was just perfect.

We closed our eyes and leaned in a bit more, to the point where our lips were just millimeters away. I could feel the heat radiating off his lips.

A sudden bang suddenly made us quickly separate in shock, as the field around us burst into flames. The sky was dark, the river became oil, the bark of the tree went black and the leaves became flames. Terror must've been in us both as I began to shake and Eren brought my head to his chest in a protective gesture.

"What the hell is happening?" He stood up, holding me close.

"I-I don't know." I stammered, my voice shaking. A sharp pain suddenly shot through my leg, reminding me of the fact that it was shattered. I held on to Eren for support and with fear of falling into the encasing flames.