Chapter 13

Your POV
I finished my breakfast and thinking about Eren and made my way back to my room to get dressed. Getting dressed was a little harder because of the cast all along my leg, but I managed. I put on a dark (f/c) spaghetti strap tank top and a black hoodie over it with a large, white eighth note on it. I put on my favorite pair of lose shorts. It was easier to get up on and around my cast, plus it was comfortable. I went to the bathroom to brush my little mess, making it look somewhat presentable.

Today was the day that I was going to go shopping for my equipment. I needed my money to pay off my medical bills, which were insanely $827.52, and the only way to do so was work at some parties. I got them to agree to wait a few months for me to pay them, some how. I made my way out of my apartment, grabbing my keys and putting them in my pocket.

As I was leaving, I saw Eren in the hallway with his equipment. He was wearing a dark brown leather jacket and bark blue jeans. He had a dark green shirt with a treble clef on it. I didn't know he had some music shirts like I do. This shirt looked kinda new too. He also had a black baseball cap on.

"Hey Eren." I said as I locked the door.

"Oh, hey (y/n)! How you feeling? Everything alright?" He asked. He hardly ever acts like this... What's gotten into him?

"Yeah, I'm fine." I told him. I put my key away and hobbled over to him. "Is everything okay with you?"

"Huh? Why would you say that?" He asked nervously. He put his apartment key on his brown lanyard and put his hands in his jacket pocket.

"You've just been acting kinda strange lately, so I just wanted to make sure everything's okay?" I stopped in front of him and he put his gear down. A small blush spread across his cheeks and he scratched his neck.

"Well, umm..." He mumbled. "Nothing's wrong technically." His ears began to turn red.

"What do you mean?"

"I-I just, uh..." He pulled out his phone anxiously and checked the time. "I need to get going. I'm late for something. Take it easy, okay?"

"Sure thing, Eren." I replied with a small giggle. I felt a warm feeling inside my chest with his last statement. I couldn't tell if it was joy, happiness, affection, or heartburn... I've been getting it a lot lately sense I've left the hospital, so I honestly couldn't tell anymore. I shrugged and quickly made my way down the hall towards the elevator. Eren kept the door open for me when he saw me going as fast as I could. I got in and we stood in an awkward silence. I had to ask him again.

"You sure nothing's wrong Eren?" I inquired. His blush deepened slightly and his ears turned even a darker red. Was he embarrassed to tell me what was wrong? Was it anything serious?

"Y-Yeah, n-nothing's wrong." He stuttered. I don't know why, but he was kinda cute when he was nervous.

"So, what are you going to do today?" I asked him, changing the subject.

"I'm going to the electronics store to grab something for my equipment. What about you?"

"I'm going there too to get some new equipment. Everything was wrecked after the accident, so I gotta start over again."

"Are you going to get the same stuff as last time or get something new?"

"I have to get something new. The model that I had was old compared t everything today. They don't make it anymore."

"That sucks." He stated. The elevator doors opened and we made out way out of the apartment building to go to the street corner. We waited for a taxi to show up for a few minutes. Man, I really need to get a car or something. I hate waiting for 10 minutes just to get a damn cab. One pulled up and Eren opened the door to let me in. I went in and tried to squeeze my crutches on the left side of the car door. Eren put his equipment in the trunk of the car and took his seat inside.