Chapter 20 (Final)

~Two Weeks Later~

Your POV
While I was in the hospital, Eren told me something that filled my heart with joy: he remembered exactly who I was and how much he cared for me. Time had flown by and we both made a recovery, however the sight in my eye wasn't going to be making the comeback that I had hoped it would. It would always be rather damaged, and look a little (e/c)-grey for the rest of my life. I had some visible scars, but they could easily be fixed with some makeup.

I was in my hospital room and finishing putting on my regular clothes, a couple of arm crutches given to me just in case I needed help walking. The physical therapy that I got in the hospital was good, but they told me that I would still need more. I would try walking without them, but I wasn't able to get far without the nurse having to assist me.

I finished buttoning up my (f/c) shirt and grabbed my arm crutches, putting them on my arms so I could walk a little easier. I wasn't in the mood on walking on my own without any kind of help, so I resorted to using them. I turned around and began to exit the room, double checking before I left to make sure I didn't forget anything. I saw nothing that I needed to get and slowly made my way out.

In our time at the hospital, I heard that Levi was hanging out quite a bit with this doctor that treated Eren a while back, Hanji. She was... Eccentric to say the least. I remember when she would treat me; she was regret excited to listen to me and always talked in a joyful tone around us. I'm sure she'd be a good friend to Levi, it's what he needs right now.

Levi would check on us while we were in the hospital, forward mail to us if we got any, and tried to explain why we weren't taking any clients if we got a call. He really helped Eren and I during our recovery, I have no idea how to repay him, but I'm glad he was there for us.

As I left the room I had been in for the last few weeks, Hanji greeted my just outside my door.

"There you are!" She said with a bright voice. "I was just about to go in and check on you to make sure you were okay!"

"Yes, I'm okay Dr. Hanji." I said with a small chuckle, my voice finally back to where it used to be.

"Oh please, just Hanji. Here are some medications you can take for your eye," and she went on to give me all kinds of medications I could take to further help my recovery. I thanked her as I took her prescriptions and held onto them, not really having anywhere else to put them. Hanji noticed that I couldn't really carry them and walk at the same time with the crutches, so she got me a plastic bag and tied it on to them.

She guided me down to the foyer of the hospital, where I found Eren waiting for me. He had a rather quick recovery, which even his friend, Armin, thought was strange. He recovered about four days before I was ready to leave the hospital. Nonetheless, he passed everything just fine.

"Hey (y/n)!" He called out to me as I exited the elevator, hiding something behind his back.

"Hey Eren!" I called back as I gradually made my way over to him, still a little weak from my injuries and not moving so much. "How are you?"

"I'm feeling great now that you're here." He said with a sweet smile, kissing the top of my head gently. "How about you?"

"Eh... I'll live, that's for sure." I replied with a soft chuckle, faintly smiling up at him as a small blush gathered on my cheeks.