[10] The Chase

Claires POV.:

Now I was alone on a rooftop close to the building Steve was in.
I put on one of the earpieces and tried to hide a bit behind the walls of the rooftop entrance.
At that moment I heard Sams Voice coming trough my earplug.
"Claire you ready too?"
"Yes. I'm on the roof."
Sam repeated talking but a bit louder.
"Heads up. Special German forces approaching from the south."
This time I heard steve from the other end.
"Understood."
Suddenly the tone of his Voice changed. I realized he was probably talking to James.

"Do you know who I am?"
After that it was just a muffled Voice I couldn't understand and then Sam spoke up.
"They've set the parameter."
Steve was still talking to James but then Sam nervously said
"They're entering the building. They're on the roof-"
"This doesn't have to end in a fight Buck."
I heard Steve saying and then a panicked Sam again.
"Five Seconds."
I finally spoke up a bit.
"Steve, be careful they're coming."
But he still didn't responded, too busy with talking to his old best friend.
Then I carefully glanced over to the building they were in and saw that the SWAT Team was storming in, even trough the windows.
Not paying attention to the conversation anymore I suddenly saw a backpack landing a couple of feet away from me.
"What the hell?" I said under my breath but then came out of my hiding spot when I saw James jumping out of the window. Before he could land I stood behind the bag he had thrown before.
"James, I know you don't know who I am but we're here to help you."
Before he could respond, James was being attacked by a guy with a black cat suit.
They started fighting.
"Guys who the hell is that?"
I said confused and a bit shocked an then Sams Voice came trough.
"We have no idea."
After a while of them fighting I realized that James headed to the edge of the building. We needed to get away from this guy. We needed to jump.
I ran to the Cat Guy and took him by surprise when I ran and kicked him to the sight.
Then I followed James jumping down the Building until I reached another edge or a kind of balcony. While he stopped to look for the man in the cat suit I already jumped another time and landed on the ground and slowly starting to walk. I looked back up and saw that James was also jumping down now but being followed by the Cat guy who was sliding down the building with his claws.
This man was really determined to get James but if he wanted to get James I had to fight against him. I just didn't know how because the man as really fast, I wouldn't get the chance to grab and shock him. I had to depend on Sam and Steve now.
After a while we saw a hole in the ground leading to a tunnel.
We jumped down and were surrounded by cars.
I panicked even more now but still managed to carry on running.
As we were running James even ran over cars but I just avoided them.
When I looked back I saw the Cat guy being really close to us.
"God damn it."
I said under my breath.
But then James stopped and grab some mans motorcycle with his metal arm turning it around.

Then he looked to me.
"Come on we need to get away from him. Then we can talk."
i just nodded and took a seat behind him.
Even though we were really fast, the man in the suit managed to get really close until he jumped, almost reaching us.
Suddenly James grabbed his throat and the cat guy tried to get out of his grasp but instead turned the motorcycle.
We were close to hitting the ground but James let go of him and tried balance the motorcycle with his metal arm.
When the motorcycle drove in a normal position again I tried turning around and grabbing the strangers arm.
I felt my hands tingle, a wave of electricity went trough my arms but his suit deflected it and I got shocked instead.
All of a sudden my whole body felt heavy and everything got blurry.

The Cat man was gone. He got dragged away of from Sam.
But I didn't know what was happening anymore.
I winced and still felt the electricity running through me.
I've never experienced getting shocked by my actual self. It felt horrible.

Suddenly I heard an explosion behind me and we were thrown of the bike. I rolled on the ground for a bit but then stopped and laid only my stomach.
I couldn't really move. The electricity was still there, I could feel it going trough every muscle making it hard to stand up.

Then I heard sirens and saw a blurry Cap, Bucky, the man in the suit and a robotic looking thing.
I heard a voice say "Congrats Cap. You're a criminal now."
My Vision was getting worse and I could see little black spots forming but I got the strength to steady myself on my elbows.

A pair of shoes were in front of me now.
I realized as the guy crouched down that it was Sam and he asked
"Is everything okay? What happened?"
But when I wanted to respond I fell back on the ground and the black spot were consuming my whole Vision now.