[6] Mission

A few months later

"So how does it feel to be an Avenger?"
asked Sam with a bit of an amused look while he ran next to me, quiet out of breath.
Steve thought it would be a good Idea to go on a run in the morning and I had to admit I actually liked it. You could just let your feet carry you through Park and feel the cold morning breeze on your skin.
"Pretty good but it's sad that I don't see you in the Tower that often."
I responded.
"Well I have other things to do than sit on a fancy couch, just going trough files." Sam replied with a sarcastic but I looked back at him offended.
"Hey I am working in the Tower. I just didn't have a lot of missions yet. Natasha has been training me and Tony has been constantly talking about my 'fascinating' ability"
I told him but he just chuckled and looked back.
"Oh god no, that little piece of-"
Sam started speaking but got interrupted from Steve that ran past us.
"On your left."
I started chuckling because of Sams reaction. It was just so amusing to me when he got angry at him.
"I hate him" He sighed while I just shook my head.

Back in the Tower

I was just done getting into a dark blue Uniform Tony gave me awhile ago.
It was the same Uniform every "Agent" in this Tower had and it made me feel like I was just another normal Person working here.
I never really felt like I was part of the Avengers.
Suddenly the door opened. Steve came in and guided me to a big room with lots of computer screens and little holograms.
"We have a mission for you or actually us. We got informed that Brock Rumlow wants to steal a biological weapon and we got that information with Agent Twains help, so if you want to ask anything, he is here for all of your answers. I need to inform Natasha so, see you later."
Cap announced while he padded some guys shoulder and then headed out.
I averted my eyes from all the computer screens and shook his hand.
"I'm Claire."
and he responded in a very serious tone
"I'm Bill Twains, Mam. Agent Twains."
Then the Boy in the glasses turned back to his own Computer.
"Please don't call me Mam. We're almost the same Age."
I replied to the Agent and he turned his head to me again.
"Got it."
"So where is that Biological weapon and who is Rumlow?"
I asked earning a confused look from the young man.
"Its in Lagos and Brock Rumlow was one of SHIELDS Agent that was actually undercover working for Hydra and now he's known as Crossbones. You should've known that."
"Well I don't know a lot of things about this place but maybe you can tell me more about it another time."
I responded chuckling nervously. Even though I've been here for months I knew nothing about this place.
The Agent turned his head back to his Screen and began talking again.
"Your job is to help out Wanda in the mission and be her back up."
"Got it."
I nodded grinning lightly. I finally had another mission and wasn't stuck in my apartment with nothing but the disappointing File on my mind.
Then someone tapped my shoulder and I turned around to see a women with straight brown hair and green eyes.
"Hey I'm Mila Stark, Tony talked about you earlier and I just wanted to get to know the "new Avenger"."
She said while holding out her hand.
I shook Milas hand and replied confused
"Wait, Stark didn't tell me he had a sister."
"He doesn't really like to mention his little sister. Tony wants me to move in with my boyfriend and "not get engaged with this kind of business".
But I don't want a normal boring Life."
The little Stark responded with a sense of confidence in her voice.
She really reminded me of Tony. Because of the confidence and she was probably someone who doesn't always followed her brothers rules.
"Hey Bill, did you already tell her about the Mission?"
The young Agent turned to Mila and rolled his eyes.
"Mila, I'm an Agent now! -but yes in fact I did."
"Good and well to me you're still that little dorky guy from Kansas."
Stark added while she got closer to the hologram Agent Twains opened next to the Computer.
"I know it's going to be hard for you to be in a busy city like this but it's an important mission."
He grabbed something that was next to the Computer and held it infront of me as the Agent added
"You'll be also needing this earpiece so you can communicate with the others."
I nodded and took the little piece of technology.
Mila started talking to Agent Twains again but I was already lost in thought.

I couldn't shake this weird feeling. I didn't know if it was because of the mission or if I was really sick.
I went on 3 missions these past months and I've never had a bad feeling.

I should've trusted that feeling and should've been faster.
But I didn't knew what was going to hit me back then of course.