Chapter 17 - Thanksgiving

-Angelina's POV-

I woke up early, I didn't want to be around anyone today, even though it was a holiday. I walked into the kitchen, we didn't have anymore Keurig cups so I was stuck making coffee the old fashioned way, I grabbed it out of the cupboard, spilling it directly on the floor.

I sat the bag down and sighed.

"It's that type of day huh?"

I turn and Kiki's standing in the doorway, she had large bags under her eyes. I nod slowly, she grimaced as she watched me sweep up the coffee grounds off the floor.

"Why did you choose to make coffee instead of buy coffee?" She asks.

"I..I don't know." I admit.

"You're rebellious I like you, here I'll drive you to Starbucks." She offers.

I find myself nodding, even though I don't want to be around anyone right now. We pulled into Starbucks 5 minutes later, she ordered herself something and I ordered the drink I get all the time.

While we were waiting in line on the drive thru she turns to me, "So how are classes?"

I laugh dryly, "How can you think about classes while all this shit is going on?"

She shrugs, "just making conversation. You know what we could all do? Fly out to Miami for Thanksgiving. My aunt lives out in Florida. I'm sure she can hook us up with a place to stay for the weekend."

"You are insane, we can't just pick up our stuff and fly out to Miami without plan. How are we even gonna get tickets?"

She blushed, "well actually I've been planning for us to do this. We get the weekend off from school. We fly out today, stay the weekend fly out Monday morning, arrive Monday night. Come on Angel it'll be good for us."

I can't help but hesitate, I don't want to bring drama to Miami, and I don't know if it will or not.

"Wait hold on," realization hits me, "doesn't it not even matter if I say yeah or not? You already got the tickets and everything!"

She blushed harder, making me roll my eyes, "if you don't want to go then I'll just give your ticket to someone else, and you can stay here miserable."

"Fine." I gave in. "when do we leave ?"

"Four hours, I already told everyone else about the plans. You were the last one I had to tell." She says nonchalantly.

"What the fuck why!?" I growl.

"You just seemed...like Your taking a lot of what's going on a bit harder than everyone else."

I roll my eyes, "I'm not."

"It's been a while, and you still wake up sweating in the middle of the night, screaming." She says quietly.

I grimace, I turned to stare out the window without saying anything about what she'd said. I felt her eyes burning into my head, she backed down though.

"Are they nightmares about it? Or something else?"

I stay silent. I didn't want to talk about this, not today, not now, not with what's happening, not ever. I shake my head, she looked confused unsure if I was answering the question or telling her I didn't want to talk about it.