Chapter 19

The several hour trip to the Grand Canyon mostly consisted of me talking to Jacob and messing with the others.  Addea—as I learned—could be quite mischievous, excited to help me mess with the other passengers.

The several pranks we pulled ended with an extremely irritated Natasha, an annoyed Skye and my angry older brother that realized I had suddenly gotten much better at teleporting. Turns out, Addea had other powers then just pyrokinesis.

Loki finally decided to stop us after he thought I had accidentally teleported myself out of the quin-jet, but reality Addea was just seeing if she could make me invisible. I'm a bad sister aren't I.

Loki sat us down on either side of Jacob and told us if we moved before we got to our destination, we would not be leaving the quin-jet. Jacob thought the whole ordeal was hilarious.

"Shut up." I hissed, crossing my arms when he laughed at Loki's threat.  Addea crossed her arms to match mine and turned her head away from her husband with a mock pouting face.

"It's your own faults."  He remarked and I huffed out a breath of air. 

"I'm sorry, but what were supposed to do for almost two hours?" I argued back. Jacob shrugged looking back and forth between Addea and me.

"Talk." He suggested.  "Sleep!"  Natasha and Skye shouted from the front, obviously still annoyed. "Fine." I sighed, rolling my eyes.

~*~

As always, their suggestions backfired and I spent the next two hours in a pun war with Jacob.

"The rotation of the earth, really makes my day." I giggled, making myself laugh and Jacob smirked.

"That was pretty good, but I still doubt that you shall win." Jacob claimed. "I have one that will top all of yours."

"And what would that be?"  I challenged, raising my eyebrows.

"Well you two can finish the tournament later, we're here."  Natasha called from the front.  I felt the quin-jet rock for a brief minute as it settled to the ground and then I heard the engines shut down. I quickly stood up, waiting impatiently for the back of the quin-jet to open.

"The part of the park we landed in, isn't currently open to the public so we shouldn't have any issues with bystanders." Natasha explained, walking out of the cockpit with Skye. Loki nodded in response.

"Before we go, I must explained to you something about Huginn and Muninn. They are quite clever birds and they may create a challenge if they are not in the best of moods. They may require something valuable in return for the feathers." Loki added, looking around at everyone.

"Like how valuable?"  Skye asked, furling her eyebrows.

"Personal items, something special to you."  He answered quickly.  My thoughts drifted down to the blue orb laying at the base of my throat.  Like this?  I thought to myself, would I be able to give that up if needed?  Well you're going to die if you don't, so..........  Stupid voice in my head.  Obviously.  Obviously, I'm going to die if I don't.

I sighed softly and followed the group out of the heli-carrier.  The sight that my eyes landed on, was amazing. I mean, I saw some pretty awesome places on Asgard—but this? This was on Earth and it was beautiful.

The sun was just beginning to peak above the horizon, painting the sky reds and oranges that matched the rock of the canyon which I could now clearly see.  It was massive, stretching miles in each direction.