Chapter 29

Both adult stood frozen in a trance. Their eyes wide and full of grief and sadness. I stood frozen too—in bewilderment. So Addea was correct.

"Sigyn." Loki breathed out softly and just like that, the spell was broken. The next thing I knew, Sigyn had shot across the room and a sharp crack hit my ears. Loki reeled back a step, his cheek red in the shape of a hand. Sigyn stood—dwarfed—in front of him with a frown across her features.

"I deserved that." Loki murmured under his breath before letting out a long sigh and straightening back up. "Sigyn, I......"

"Oh, Loki." Sigyn whispered before launching her arms around him. She buried her long, auburn curls into his shoulder. "I thought you dead!"

I hugged my arms around myself, feeling a little awkward. I mean, why wouldn't I? But part of me was extremely curious.

"I believed I was as well for a time."  Loki spoke so softly, I barely heard him.  Sigyn gently took a step back, resting her hand on Loki's cheek.  Her eyes were red and I realized she had been crying.  A small smile rested on her lips as she gazed up at my brother.

"But you're alive and well.  Where are you been all these years?"  Loki's gaze fell, shame in his eyes.

"I have done things—things that are unforgivable." 

Sigyn's lips pursed as her gaze hardened.  "I had heard rumors.  But you mustn't dwell on the past—for it is unchangeable." They stood together for a moment more, staring at each other as if their lives depended on it.  Romantic but still awkward.  As if Sigyn heard my thought, her gaze shifted to me and she stepped back from Loki.

"And this may be?"  She asked with a smile.  Loki returned the smile and stepped closer to me so that he stood beside me.

"This is Lorien.  My younger sister."  He explained cheerfully as if he was proud that I was getting to meet Sigyn.  Her jaw lowered slightly and her eyes widen.

"Your sister?  I did not know you had a sister."  Loki chuckled at her words.

"Neither did I up until a few months ago.  She had been living on Midgard." 

"You lived on Midgard?!"  Sigyn's eyes lighted up in a childish way.  "You must tell me, are the leaves as beautiful as they say when they begin to fall?" 

I had to restrain a laugh.  "Yes."

"Oh, that is just lovely."  Sigyn cooed.  I nodded in agreement.

~*~

THIRD PERSON P.O.V

"Talk, you fallen Goddess!"  Amora steamed, her eyes on fire.  Eir kept her lips shut tightly, watching the enchantress.  She was beyond furious and Eir found it amusing.  "Do you want her to die?!"  She shouted when she saw Eir's smirk.

"You won't kill her.  No.  You need leverage, you want Loki to come running back to you." 

Eir had figured it out.  If Amora really wanted Lorien dead that badly, she wouldn't have casted a slow curse—she would have killed her on the spot. 

So what did think she would gain from Lorien dying slowly?  Time and leverage.  Now who would be most effect by Lorien's death?  Fury, Loki and herself.  But Eir wasn't involved until after the curse was cast and Fury didn't have anything to offer Amora.  This left Loki.

Eir had been working it out in her head, trying to understand Amora's hatred towards Loki.  Then it clicked, they had a past.  Amora had fallen for Loki—or maybe the other way around—but something went wrong and Amora was now vengeful.

"What did you just say?"  Amora hissed and Eir sighed.

"I said, you want Loki to come running back to you ."  She repeated, keeping her voice steady.  Amora's teeth clenched together.  She didn't even realized that Amora had slapped her until her cheek began to sting. 

"Watch your words, fallen." Amora growled, her irises almost glowing.  Eir felt anger rise up in her—the chains bounding her wrists burned her as her magic pulsed quickly to her fingertips.

"Watch your's, child."  Eir hissed.  No good would come of the Enchantress is she called Eir fallen once again.

A sickly amused smirk grew across Amora's lips and atmosphere of the room suddenly changed.  As if the air had became thinner and Eir felt light-headed. 

"Maybe you are right and maybe I am a child, but the child will die."

~*~

LORIEN'S P.O.V

I had barely finished nodding in agreement to Sigyn's comment when a blinding pain shot up my arm. I cried out, falling to the floor—grappling at my wrist.

"Lorien!" Loki shouted, but I barely heard him. The pain was unbelievable—literally blinding me. I couldn't see anything but red as flashes of sharp, stabbing pain shot up my arm.

A gut-wrenching scream filled my ears. No, that was my scream. Tears streaked down my cheeks as the burning pain inched up my arm.

Dying.

This was what dying felt like.

I felt like I was dying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hate myself right now. Why do I do this? But you guys probably hate me more, don't you. There is an upside though, you met Sigyn.

So I am aware that in Norse mythology, Sigyn was Loki's wife. In this book, they are not married. They were technically courting (dating). But you'll find out more about that.

I did not intend on leaving this on another cliffhanger, I am sorry. But don't worry, Lorien isn't going to die next chapter or anything like that. I'm not that mean. Yet. 🙃

Please
Vote
Comment
Follow
:)