Chapter 5

Hey poeple!! well I finally wrote another chapter! I took me almost the whole day to type it up! I hope you like it! please comment, vote, fan, and comment!!! I also need some name ideas so if you have any I would be happy to hear them! I also still need a cover( as you can probably tell) and i have no idea how to make one so if you make covers or know anyone that does please tell me!! Well enjoy!! Please tell me what you think! p.s. I decided that i wanted to do Chase's POV, in this chapter, so you will be see more of his POV in my coming chapters too!

Chapter 5

As I drifted into consciousness I could feel my hands balled up into little fists resting against something hard and unfamiliar.   I snapped open my eyes and gasped as I became face to face to a sleeping Chase.  I tried to move away but he had his arms wrapped tight around me, rendering me immobile.  I tried to wiggle out of his vice-like grip, but it was to not avail.  I looked up at his face once more and notice how vulnerable, peaceful, and even child-like he looked in his sleep.  It took me by surprise, freezing me for a moment, for all I’m used to seeing it a mad, almost vengeful look, with a sneer always occupying it.  He looked better this way.

             With surprising reluctance I called out his name, seeing as my only option to be able to get out of his grip.  For some reason I felt safe nestled in his arms, and I know I must sound crazy for he is a vampire that could easily drink my blood.

             His eyes snapped open instantly. Using his vampire speed he immediately let go of me, jumped out of bed and gracefully ran to the other side of the room where he leaned against the wall with his arms crossed glaring at me, all of this happening in mere seconds.

            I stared at him in astonishment, amazed anyone could move that fast.  I finally snapped out of it and concern washed over me.

“ How’s your back?” I implored sitting up in my bed.

He looked confused for a moment, but snapped out it, and as an answer he started unwrapping the bandages around his torso.  I got out of bed and walked closer so I could take a look.  When he was done he turned his back to me and I stood in stunned silence for a moment, for all that was left was faint tiny white scars of the once deep gnashes.  I reached out my hand and faintly touched his back as if to make myself believe it was actually real.  He quickly flinched away when I did, acting on pure instinct after getting hit so many times, and I immediately pulled my hand away not wanting him to cause anymore discomfort.

Chase’s POV

            “Chase?” I heard a sweet voice call out my name.  I opened my eyes expecting to see my love Lexie curled up against me, but instead, what I saw was Alyssa’s bright ocean blue eyes staring straight at me.  I flew out of the bed and ran across my room and leaned against the wall with my arms crossed glaring at her.  How dare she make me remember Lexie.  Even after a hundred years the pain is still etched in my heart over her death.  I still haven’t gotten over it and probably never will.  I pulled myself out of my thoughts and looked over at Alyssa.  She had sat up and was staring at me in shock.  I figured it was at how fast I moved.

            “ How’s your back?”  She asked.

            I was confused for a moment until the memories of last night washed over me. 

That damn father of hers just started whipping me for no reason!  I was just on my way to the kitchen and out run these guards who had slammed me face first against the wall holding my arms.  I knew I shouldn’t fight back or my punishment would be worse, so I didn’t.  I looked over my shoulder and that was when he came out with a mad look on his face.  The king nodded at his guards and the two holding me ripped of my shirt exposing my hard muscled back. The third guard pulled out a whip and started hitting me over and over again with it. I stopped counting after forty, and focused on not crying out in pain, because I did not and would not show weakness in front of these men.  I wondered what I had done to bring upon this wrath.  I wonder when he will tell his guards to stop…