Chapter 15

Ok here is chapter 15!!! I hope you like it!  Hopefully this lets you know a little more about Chase.  Vote comment fan please!!! I would love toknow hwat you think.

Chapter 15

Alyssa’s POV

            I quietly pushed open my door, popped my head out, and searched left and right.  Coast is clear I thought and eased the door open the rest of the way and walked into the hall.

“Hiding from me?”  Someone whispered into my ear, making me jump.  I whirled around and saw Chase’s smiling figure

I shook my head no and glanced both ways one more time.  “I’m hiding from the people that were at the ball last night that ended up staying the night.” I whispered back, “I really don’t feel like talking to them right now, and that’s exactly what they will want to do, but I am really hungry and could go for one of the cinnamon rolls the chefs usually make for the guests.” 

Chase nodded solemnly in return, “They do get annoying…  How about I tell you if I hear anyone?”

“Okay, that works.  Let’s go.”  I said and we started heading down the hallway on the way to the kitchen.  After having to backtrack and make many erratic turns to avoid the guest we finally made it to the kitchen.

Margret looked up as we entered and smiled. “I saved one for you,” she said and pulled out a cinnamon roll on a plate that was hidden underneath a checkered cloth. 

“Thanks.” I said and took the plate from her.  I sat down at the table, thinking how lucky I was, that Chase and I were the only people in here at the time.  I picked up the giant cinnamon roll and brought it to my lips, it was still warm and smelled delicious.  Just as I was about to take a bite of it my father came into the kitchen looking for me.

“Alyssa there you are!  Put the cinnamon roll down and get out to the front and say good-bye to the guests!” he snapped.

I sighed, and gently sat the cinnamon roll back down on the plate. “Can’t I just eat this real quick and then I’ll meet you out there in a sec?” I whined.  I was really hungry and that cinnamon roll was calling to me.

“No.” He stated firmly and I knew better to argue.

With a loud obnoxious sigh I got up and followed my father out the door, sending one last longing glance over my shoulder to my lonely cinnamon roll.

I noticed Chase wasn’t following me and when I looked behind me he gave me a thumbs-up and walked back into the kitchen.  He better not eat my cinnamon roll I thought angrily.

We walked out the grand doors and stood on the steps next to my mother.  She sent me a quick smile when I got in place next to her.  As everyone passed, I played the role of the perfect princess yet again and smiled, waved, and murmured goodbye as they walked down to get into their carriage.  Liz came out with her parents and siblings and gave me a quick hug as we said goodbye.  I hugged her back, and just like I expected, she wasn’t mad anymore.  Finally, when the last person came out, my father let me leave to go eat my cinnamon roll in peace.

I quickly rushed down the hall hoping that it was still warm and made my way to the kitchen.  When I got there, I was met with disappointment.

 “Where’s my cinnamon roll?” I asked.

Margret gave me a sad smile and said, “Before I could put it back up, a little boy came in, grabbed it, and then darted out of the room.” 

I glared at Chase accusingly. He was sitting in the chair with his arms crossed watching me.  “You could have grabbed it from the boy for me!” I said.