Chapter 12

Ok here is chapter 12!!!!!! I want to say thanks so much to the people who voted, commented, and/or fanned!!!!  Tell me what you think of my stroy please!!! Vote, comment, fan and enjoy!!! Seriously though vote, comment, and fan!

Chapter 12

Alyssa’s POV

            My hypothesis was right.  Laying in bed for a week is boring.  It’s been only five days since I was shot and I have no idea how I’m going to last two more.  I’m telling you this is not my idea of having a good time.  At least Chase was always there to keep me company.  My father stopped by once to check on how I was doing along with my mother, and James came whenever he could, but lately my father seem to keep him extra busy.  I had my suspicious that he didn’t want James hanging out with me. 

“Alyssa are you even paying attention?  Your father tells me that you are bored, this should be something to entertain you!”  Clyde snapped at me.  I had totally forgotten he was even in here.  I glanced over to where he was sitting, in the chair near the window, where Chase always sits.  Chase was currently sitting on the edge of the bed, much to Clyde’s disproval.  If it was up to Clyde, Chase wouldn’t even be in the room at all.

“Of course, why would I want to miss hearing about your delightful tale of a war that has nothing to do with what is currently going on?” I answered my voice thick with sarcasm.  Unlike my father though, Clyde can tell when I’m being sarcastic.

“Princess Alyssa! Don’t use that tone of voice with me!”

I rolled my eyes, “I’m sorry, that won’t happen again.” I told him, contradicting my words, considering I said it all in a sarcastic tone.  Luckily he didn’t get to answer as there was a slight knock at the door.

“Come in.” I called

The door was thrown open and in ran a small petite girl with red hair that came barreling towards me.

“Alyssa! I have missed you so much!  I came as soon as I heard! How is your leg feeling?” She asked as she ran over and gave me a fierce hug.

I hugged her back and laughed, “Liz calm down, I’m fine, it’s started to get really annoying with everyone asking that same question.  Now tell me, how did you get here?”

She sighed and pulled away, “I had to literally beg my parents to come and see you!  They were hesitant at first, but since they heard about you getting hurt they finally relented and let me come.”

I nodded in sympathy, I had met Liz when I younger at a party my parents had hosted and ever since then we were best friends.  Her parents though hated her to travel, they were what you called a little over protective, and even though they lived only a couple of days away they rarely let her come and visit except on special occasions.  It was great to see her.

“So how long will you be able to stay?”