Chapter 25

So I have finally written a chapter... Sorry it took so long. I had major writer's block and couldn't think of anything to type. I'm not too fond of this chapter, but I hope you like it. The next three chapters are already typed up so I'll be posting chapter 26 in the next couple of days. Well, vote, comment, fan, and most of all enjoy!!!

Chapter 25

Alyssa’s POV

            Someone was shaking my shoulder. Someone was waking me up. Who does that?! I swatting the hand away and snuggled deeper into the covers. I heard a laugh and my eyes snapped open. I knew that laugh.

            Chase stood over me with a smile on his face. He looked way too happy to be up this early.

            “Do you know how hard it is to wake you up?” he asked. “I kept on calling your name over and over again, and there you are still sleeping like a stone.”

            “Go away,” I mumbled stuffing my face into my pillow. “I’m tired. I want to sleep.”

            “So you want me to go out there and tell Liz that you want to sleep instead of coming to see her?” he taunted.

            I bolted straight up. “Liz is here?”

            He laughed. “Yes, that’s what I just said isn’t it? We’ll have to postpone looking for your sister until tomorrow.”

            I nodded and got up. “Tell her I’ll be right there.”

            He left the room and I ran into my closet and slipped out of my gown and put on a dress. I quickly ran a brush through my hair, getting out the worst of the tangles. Then I walked out the door and followed the sound of voices.

            There standing at the bottom of the steps was Liz and Chase. I walked down and waved. “Hey!” I said.

            They both looked up and smiled. I stood next to Chase and Liz started glaring at me playfully.

            “Chase here was just telling me that you couldn’t be bothered to get out of bed to come and see me,” Liz accused in a sight teasing voice.

            “Chase!” I said and pushed him. He faked stumbled and let out a laugh.

            I turned back to Liz. “That’s so not true!”

            She laughed and wiggled her finger at me threatening. “Just make sure it doesn’t happen again.”

            I nodded sincerely. “Promise, cross my heart and hope to die.”

             She smiled at me. “Okay… you’re forgiven.”

            “Good. Now let’s go sit.” I pulled them both to a nearby sitting room. Liz and I sat on the couch and Chase sat on one of the chairs across from us. He leaned back, crossed his arms, and smiled at me.

            “So…” I said pulling my eyes from Chase’s well muscled arms. “Why are you here Liz?”

            “What? A girl can’t visit her best friend without getting questioned?” Liz replied exasperated and dramatically threw up her hands.

            “No,” I said teasingly.

            That’s when Liz’s smile crumbled and she burst into tears. Chase and I exchanged alarmed glances. He got up and quickly walked out.