Terribly Unfortunate Chapter 43

Raven’s P.O.V.

I decided to do a surprised visit on Astrid since we haven’t seen each other in a while. Matt opened up the door for me after I had knocked and I head up to Astrid’s room where I began to hear her singing along to a song of Papa Roach’s and I was so amazed at what I was hearing. I knocked on her door wanting to know why she had never told me that she could sing. Once when I was in her room I yell out, “Why in the hell didn’t you tell me you could sing?” Astrid looks at me as if I had just spoken another language and she says, “I didn’t want everybody to know.” I glare at her and I say, “But I’m your best friend, I think I deserved to know.” Astrid looks away as she says, “I don’t think I sing good.”

I walk up to Astrid and I force her to look at me and I say, “Well I say you do.” Astrid sighs and says, “Well since you found out that I can sing, I guess you deserve to know that I write my own songs.” I saw that Astrid had pulled out a notebook and she says, “Go ahead and tell me how crappy they are.” I glare at her and I open up the notebook to view her first page which she named, ‘Broken pieces.’ I read the entire notebook three hours later and then I closed it and look up at Astrid who was laying on her bed and I say, “I’m done.” Astrid sits up and says, “And? Their shit right?” I shake my head and say, “They were really great Astrid, and how did you come up with them?”

Astrid takes the notebook from my hands and she says, “Every day I would write down in a song how I felt.” I was impressed with her and I say, “Astrid, these are very good, you should be proud of yourself.” Astrid shrugs her shoulders and says, “The day I would be proud of myself is when I get to sing in front of millions of fans.” I grin at that and say, “Should I mention that I have an uncle in the music business who could help but you have to be in a band to do it.” Astrid looks at me as she grabs a sticky note and pen and I say, “But he lives in Las Vegas though.” Astrid shrugs her shoulders and says, “Write his address down still, please.” I nod my head and say, “I’ll write down his e-mail address too.”

Astrid’s P.O.V.

I was excited to know that Raven has an uncle in the music business and that she was giving me his e-mail so I could contact him. After a while Raven had to leave and she says, “When I come back, I expect some new material.” I stick my tongue out at her and say, “Don’t tell me what to do.” Raven pouts and I say, “Fine, but only because you gave me your uncle’s e-mail address.” Raven smiles at me and she says, “Great, I’ll come by same day next week, okay?” I nod my head and Raven leaves and I decided to write some more songs since I was in a good mood. By the time the day had ended, I wrote eight new songs and I felt very proud of myself.

I put my notebook away in a hidden spot and then I go to bed hoping to dream of something good. Instead the nightmare begins again and just like last time, I didn’t see the new girl’s face. I refused to wake up this time because I wanted to see more but just as the nightmare began, it ended. After that the nightmare didn’t begin again that night so I ended up sleeping very well. I woke up the next day and I refused to let Duke come over because I felt that if I saw him, I would begin to cry. Six days later and still no Duke, I knew he was probably beginning to get worried or worse; felt that I never wanted to see him again. A day later I had decided to see Duke again and he was happy to see me again.

When he left then to go home, I felt like I should’ve asked Duke if he had a girl that he loved in his past. I didn’t feel like writing any songs since I was depressed. I decided to go to bed then and didn’t wake up until the next day. I pulled out my notebook and wrote some more songs since I wasn’t too depressed anymore. Raven comes by and she read my new material and she says, “I called my uncle a couple days ago and he said that if you went to Las Vegas, he’d be able to help you.” I nod my head and say, “I’m thinking of doing that.” Raven looks at me shocked and she says, “What about Duke?” I decided to tell her since she’s my best friend so I say, “I think Duke is going to break up with me for a girl that he had loved.” Raven gasps and I say, “But I don’t want you to tell anybody especially your brother.”