Terribly Unfortunate Chapter 49

Astrid’s P.O.V.

*One year later*

Duke and I were about to get married and I was sitting in a chair having my hair getting fixed and I heard someone walking towards me. I turned slightly and saw my dad walking closer to me and he says, “Everybody has arrived.” I nod my head and say, “Including Duke?” Dad nods his head and I say, “Good.” I turn forward and the lady begins fixing my hair again. After it was fixed, I stood up and turn to face my dad and he says, “Ready to go?” I sigh aloud and say, “Yes.”

I don’t remember much except when I began walking down the aisle and I saw Duke smiling at me. I smile back at him and when I arrived in front of him he whispers, “I love you Astrid.”  I repeat it back to him and then after that, everything became a blur again because I was lost in Duke’s eyes. After the wedding was over we began our dance together. After three songs dad came over and he says, “Can I dance with my daughter, Duke?” Duke nods his head and he says, “Of course, I’ll go get something to drink.” Duke kisses my lips and he says, “I’ll see you soon.”

Duke leaves then I say to dad, “Thanks dad.” He gives me a strange look and I say, “For helping me and Duke pay for half of the wedding.” Dad smiles at me and he says, “Your welcome, I don’t mind helping you.” Dad and I continue to dance for a bit and then Matt walks up to us and he says, “Can I dance with Astrid?” Dad nods his head and then I dance with Matt for a bit and then Duke comes over and he says, “Matt can I dance with my wife?” Matt nods his head and then he kisses my cheek before he leaves and I say, “I’m going to dance for a bit more before I sit down.” Duke nods his head and he says, “Why don’t we sit down now? I need to talk to you about something.” I give Duke a strange look and say, “Nothing bad I hope.” He shakes his head and I say, “That’s good.” We head to a table and Duke pulls a chair out for me and I sit in it. Duke sits down and he says, “Where to begin?”

Duke’s P.O.V.

Astrid’s places a hand on my leg and she says, “It’s alright Duke; anything you have to say, I will still love you.” I smile at that and I say, “I want to skip the honeymoon.” Astrid doesn’t say anything for a while and then she says, “May I ask why?” I knew she was going to ask that and I say, “Well I thought maybe we could begin looking for a place to live.” I look down expecting Astrid to get angry at me but instead all she says, “I think that is a good idea.” I look up shocked and I say, “Are you serious?!” Astrid nods her head and says, “Yeah to be honest, I was going to try and think of something to get out of it.”

I smile at her and I whisper, “I love you.” Astrid repeats it back to me and I say, “I’m glad you’re my wife.” Three hours later Astrid and I were leaving to go to her house so she could change out of her dress. We were leaving to go to my house and once I got changed too, we laid on my bed. I pulled Astrid on top of me and I say, “Tomorrow we will begin looking for a house.” Astrid doesn’t say anything and just when I was about to call her name, I hear her light breathing and I knew that she was asleep. I placed a hand on her head and then I kissed the top of her head.

I fell asleep after that and I woke up two hours later feeling somebody running their hands through my hair. Once when my eyes were fully opened I saw that it was Astrid who was playing with my hair. I smiled at her and I whisper, “Hey babe.” Astrid smiles back at me and she whispers, “Hey you.” I kiss her on the lips and say, “You want to look for a house today?” Astrid shakes her head no and then she says, “Too comfortable to move anywhere.” I laugh at that and Astrid says, “Not funny.” After that it becomes silent and to break the silence I decided to sing ‘Monster you made’ by Pop Evil. Astrid looks up at me when I’m in the middle of singing and she just watches me. It felt a little weird to have her looking at me but I had to say it. I loved it; the way she was looking at me, and once when I was done singing she says, “Not bad, you have a good singing voice.”