Terribly Unfortunate Chapter 51

Duke’s P.O.V.

I woke up the next day very early so I decided to get up and shower so I can go see Lily. After I got showered I got dressed and I decided to leave a note for Astrid. The note I wrote says, ‘I have gone out to see an old friend, I will see you later.’ I placed the note on the table and then I kissed Astrid’s forehead. I walked out the bedroom door and went out the front door. I left the house then in my car and I called Lily and told her that I’m coming over. I stopped at her house and she comes out and when she gets inside I say, “Wow, you’ve changed a lot.”

Lily giggles and says, “I know.” I sighed to myself and I say in my head, “This is going to be extremely difficult.” I wasn’t paying attention to what anybody was saying because I felt somebody shake me and when I look at Lily she says, “Since when did you get married?” I looked at the ring and I began to tell Lily everything and when I finished she says, “Does she know that you’re seeing me?” I shake my head no and I say, “I’m finding myself no longer really in love with her.” Lily gasps and she says, “That’s mean Duke, how could you do that to her?” I give Lily a sad look and she gasps and then says, “Your still in love with me.”

I nod my head slowly and Lily says, “But you can’t, your married.” I take Lily’s hand in mine and say, “I’m thinking of divorcing her.” Lily pulls her hand away and she doesn’t say anything for a while so I say, “Lily, I know you still love me and I’m sure you want this divorce just as much as I do.” Lily sighs and says, “That might be true but think of your wife and how this would affect her.” I stop at a park and say, “I don’t want to be with her anymore Lily; you need to understand that.” We sit in the car for a while longer and Lily says, “What’s her name?” I look at her and say, “Her name is Astrid.” Lily gets out of the car and I follow her over to the bench. She sits down and I sit beside her and I take a hand over to Lily’s face and I push her head gently to face me and I kiss her.

Lily’s P.O.V.

When Duke kissed me I kissed him back and then I realized that I was kissing a married man. I broke away from him and I say, “Please don’t Duke.” Duke looks away and then he looks back at me and says, “Lily I love you, I need you back in my life, I can’t live without you.” I look down at the grass and say, “I love you too Duke, but we can’t be together, you have Astrid.” Duke tells me to look at him and when I do he says, “I want you though.” I look into Duke’s eyes and I see that he’s telling the truth and I say, “I can’t be with you, you’re a married man.” Duke smiles at me and he says, “I can always change that.”

I gasp aloud and say, “You’re going to kill her?” Duke puts a hand over my mouth and he says, “Not so loud; I’m not going to kill her I’m just divorcing her.” I glare at Duke and say, “I don’t want Astrid thinking that I was the one who talked you into divorcing her.” Duke pulls me towards him and he kisses me gently and he says, “She won’t Lily.” I nod my head and I kiss Duke back. During the time that Duke and I were kissing each other I felt bad for Astrid and I was wondering how she would react to it. I broke away from Duke again and he says, “What’s wrong now?”

I sigh and I say, “Nothing, just I want to go to the mall.” Duke stands up and then he helps me up and then he helps me up and then he pulls me close to him and he kisses me hard. After he finishes kissing me we head over to his car and we drive off. When we arrived at the mall Duke got out and opened up my door and when I got out Duke kissed me again. I kissed him back and then we went inside and three hours later we come and I tell Duke that I want to go home. Duke nods his head and he says, “Kiss me first and then will leave.” I sigh and say, “Really?” Duke doesn’t say anything just stands there so I say, “Fine, I’ll kiss you.” Before Duke can say anything I kiss him on the lips and then he kisses me back and then we get into the car and we drive off heading to my house. I get out and run inside not wanting Duke to follow me towards the door.