Terribly Unfortunate Chapter 15

Astrid’s P.O.V.

Shane nodded his head and Duke says, “Where do you live at?” Shane gave Duke directions to where his house was at and when we got to his house, before Shane got out of the car, he leaned over to where I was at and Shane kissed my cheek and then he got out. Duke shook his head and I knew he was pissed so I said to Duke, “It’s not like he kissed me on the lips, so calm down.” Duke grabbed my hand and he brought it up to his lips and he kissed my hand. After he kissed my hand he brought both of our hands down onto his lap where they rested there. Every now and then Duke would squeeze my hand and then I noticed that we were pulling into a gas station. Duke let go of my hand, asked me if I wanted to have a pop so I said that I did want one and then he asked me, “What do you want to drink?” I had to think about it and then I realized what I wanted so I said, “Pepsi and beef jerky.”

Duke nodded his head pulled me towards him and he kissed me gently on the lips and I kissed him back before he went inside the gas station. Duke came back to the car with my two things and he came over to my side so I rolled down my window down and he hands me my two things. Duke walks back over to the driver side door and he gets in pulling me in for another kiss. We kissed for what seemed like an hour when Duke pulled away shutting his door and then he took my hand in his again placing our hands on his lap. I decided to save my beef jerky for when I got home cause I needed my other hand to eat my snack. We ended up in front of my house and then Duke got out shutting his door and then he came to my side and helped me get out. I got out about ready to grab my pop and beef jerky when I felt somebody wrap their arms around me. I straightened myself and Duke whispered in my ear, “I’ll get your stuff.”

I moved out of the way and Duke got my two things and then he shut the door. Duke locks it and then he puts his arm around my waist taking me to the front door. We got to my front door and Duke pulled me towards his body and he kissed me. After Duke kisses me he whispers in my ear, “I love you, Astrid.” I became speechless, I didn’t know what to say but then somehow I was able to spit out the words, “I love you too, Duke.” I looked up at Duke and I noticed that he was smiling. I heard someone walking towards the door from inside the house so Duke gives the both of us some space before the door opens. It was Jared that opened up the door and he says, “Astrid, you need to say goodnight to Duke so you can go get some sleep.” I nodded my head and Jared shuts the door.

Duke kisses me one more time on my lips before he walks off heading towards his car. I watched as Duke walked to his car and when he was only a foot away from his car, he turned around to face me and he says, “Goodnight Astrid, I’ll call you tomorrow, alright?” I nodded my head and said, “Goodnight Duke and I’ll hear from you tomorrow.” Duke turns back around and gets into his car driving off so I turned around and walked inside the house. I went into my room took off my dress and got into my pajamas and then I noticed that Bella wasn’t in her cage so I started freaking out. I started searching my room for her but I was having no such luck and just when I was about to take the search out of my room when somebody started knocking on my door. I opened up my door and I saw Mike with Bella so I held out my hands and then Mike handed Bella to me. I thanked Mike and then I shut my door after he walked off and then I went to lay on my bed. I heard somebody call my name and I realized that it was coming from outside so I sat up and crawled over to my window that was beside my bed.

I opened up my window and I grabbed my chair so I could sit and talk to Jade. We started talking about the dance and I was surprised that Jade went to the dance too. Jade then asked a question that made me ask myself, how did she know about it and the question was, “How long have you known Shane?” I told her that I’ve known him since we were five years old and then I told her that we met at the park. Jade smiled at that and then I asked her what her last name is but she didn’t answer instead she asked, “How’s Bella?” I sighed out loud and said, “She’s good but I had asked you a question.” Jade nods her head and asks, “What’s the question again?” I repeated the question to her and then Jade says, “It’s Johnson.”